Превью The International 2019: OG
Превью The International 2019: OG ⚡⚡⚡ Игровые и киберспортивные новости, аналитика, обзоры, репортажи на WePlay! Самые актуальные новости!
They are coming back to defend their title. OG is in da house!
DPC placement: 10
DPC points earned: 1218
- ESL One Katowice 2019 — 3rd place
- EPICENTER Major — 5th-6th place
- StarLadder ImbaTV Dota 2 Minor Season 1 — 5th-6th place
- Anathan “Ana” Pham (Australia)
- Topias “Topson” Taavitsainen (Finland)
- Sebastien “Ceb” Debs (France)
- Jesse “JerAx” Vainikka (Finland)
- Johan “n0tail” Sundstein (Denmark)
Path to The International
After overcoming the odds in Vancouver, OG fell into hibernation. Ana took a break from the competetive scene while the others tried to compete with different carry players, but miserably failed. It was only the fourth Major of the DPC where OG managed to achieve a somewhat decent result with returned Ana. Top-6 in Disneyland was enough for OG to be invited to TI9.
- Star Roster. Five world champions, five elite players.
- Meta independence. Prepare for some unusual drafts! These guys are used to think with their own heads and not to look towards meta. Who knows, maybe we will see Techies for JerAx and Visage for n0tail?
- Mission impossible. To achieve two-peat — no one has ever done that in the history of Dota!
- Lack of results. Let's be honest: OG performed sub-par this season. Usually, there are some premises for success. This year there has been none.
Ana. Arguably the best player in the world when it comes to playing in the late game. His game sense and decisions are outstanding. We expect to see a couple of miracles from the Aussie.
9th-12th place. If OG repeats their success, it is going to be legendary! However, we feel more sceptical. The competition is at its highest and we're not sure the team is up to the challenge. The odds are against them. Again.
The International 2019 will take place in Shanghai on August 15 — 25. The current prize pool has exceeded $32.000.000.