Ultimate Weekend Brawl Rules and Regulations
Ultimate Weekend Brawl Rules and Regulations
The Ultimate Weekend Brawl is an invitational Tournament (the “Event”), held and brought to you by WePlay Esports Media, INC. (hereinafter - “WePlay” or “WePlay Esports” or Tournament Organizer).
The Event is comprised of competitive esports gaming fights, featuring Mortal Kombat 11 (the “Title Game”), developed by NetherRealm Studios (“NetherRealm”) and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (“WBIE”).
The Event is comprised of series of ordinary сompetitive fighting matches with one main event (final match) for determination the Winner.
The Event consists of such Stages, with the six (6) highest-ranked Players receiving an invitation to participate in the Ultimate Weekend Brawl.
Ultimate Weekend Brawl will be held on the seasonal basis.
The Event and any its’ Stage is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, WBIE. These Official Tournament Rules (“Official Rules”) govern the Event.
Each person who participates in the Event is referred to as a “Player”. Each Player unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions that WePlay and the other Licensed Parties (as defined below) make about the Event, including without limitation decisions about how to interpret or implement these Official Rules and administer the Event, and such decisions shall be final and binding in all respects and not subject to challenge or appeal. Any aspects of the Event or incidents that affect the Event that are not outlined in these Official Rules may be addressed and resolved by WePlay and at the time of the incident and their decisions on such matters shall be final and binding and not subject to challenge or appeal.
These Official Rules are subject to change, as determined by WePlay in its sole discretion. The most recent version of these Official Rules will be posted on the Event (Organizer’s) web-site and WePlay may also use other means to communicate with those Players who have registered for the Event using the contact information provided during their registration or associated with their account.
These Official Rules were drafted in English, but may be translated into other languages (if necessary). In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between any translated version of these Official Rules and the English version of these Official Rules, the English version shall prevail, govern and control.
1. EVENT FORMET
1.1.1. As per said above, Stages fall under two (2) tournament categories: series of ordinary сompetitive fighting matches, and main event (final match) (both online) (each category and their individual games a “Stage” and together, “Stages”).
2. GENERAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
2.1.The Event is open to individuals who are eighteen (18) years of age or older on the date they entered the tournament. Players of Ultimate Weekend Brawl will receive an invitation from WePlay Esports to participate in accordance with these Official Rules. Individuals that do not receive an invitation to the Ultimate Weekend Brawl are not eligible.
2.2. Players must be able to provide proof of eligibility. Please also note that potential Winners will ultimately need to provide proof of residency and tax form information before they are officially declared the Winner.
2.3. Players are free to compete in Event provided that:
2.3.1. they do not fall under any sanctions, prohibitions or other restrictive measures imposed by the United States of America, the European Union or any other state or international organization, including, but not limited to, under the following legal acts:
3) EU Sanctions Map;
2.3.2. they do not fall within the category of persons, who ever made violations of the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and all related applicable USA anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws, which are fixed and documented in appropriate manner.
2.3.3. They don’t fell within the category of persons, affected by any other existing sanctions measures and prohibitions, which are not determined in these Rules.
2.4. Each Player shall be deemed to have made and entered into all of the representations, warranties and agreements contained herein and shall be jointly and severally obligated and bound thereby.
3. HOW TO APPLY TO PLAY IN A TOURNAMENT
3.1. There will be no registration process for Ultimate Weekend Brawl. Each Ultimate Weekend Brawl participant will be invited by the Tournament Organizer.
4. CODE OF CONDUCT
4.1. All Players are expected to exhibit good sportsmanship and maintain respect for one another and for all possible Event staff and spectators. Players must follow all instructions of the Tournament Organizer. Players are expected to play at their best at all times within the Event and to avoid any behavior inconsistent with the principles of good sportsmanship, honesty, or fair play. Any Player behaving inappropriately, or not competing in compliance with these Official Rules, as determined by the Tournament Organizer in its sole discretion, may be banned or otherwise disqualified from any future related tournament or event organized by the Tournament Organizer. Behavior that is considered to be inappropriate and in violation of the Code of Conduct includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Interfering with the operation of the Event, or the Event Website;
• Acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Event, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person;
• Engaging in collusion (e.g., any agreement between two  or more Players or to predetermine the outcome of a Game or Match);
• Cheating of any sort through any means;
• Intentionally delaying or slowing gameplay or tampering with gameplay in any other known or unknown manner;
• Offensive, vulgar or obscene Usernames, avatars, logos, branding or gamertags;
• Sexism, ageism, racism or any other form of prejudice or bigotry;
• Engaging in violence or any activity which is deemed in the judgment of the Tournament Organizer to be immoral, unethical, disgraceful, or contrary to common standards of decency;
• Engaging in any activity that is illegal in the jurisdiction where the affected Player is located;
• Offering any gift or reward to a Player, Tournament Organizer for assistance designed to provide a competitive advantage to the person offering the gift or reward or designed to impose a competitive disadvantage on any opponent;
• Betting or gambling on your own performance or the results of the Event, or any phase of the Event;
• Making any modification to the Title Game that has not been disclosed to and authorized by the Tournament Organizer;
• Intentionally using any in-game bugs or so-called “hacks” to seek an advantage;
• Using any language that is obscene, foul, vulgar, insulting, threatening, abusive, libelous, slanderous, defamatory or otherwise offensive or objectionable, or promotes or incites hatred or discriminatory conduct;
• Using any Tournament facilities, services provided or made available by the Tournament Organizer to post, transmit, disseminate or otherwise make available any communications prohibited by this Code of Conduct;
• Taking any action, which is insulting, mocking, disruptive or unsportsmanlike;
• Engaging in any other type of behavior or conduct deemed inappropriate by the Tournament Organizer in its sole discretion; or
• Otherwise violating these Official Rules.
5. GAME СHARACTERS REQUIREMENTS
5.1.1. All characters already publicly released may be selected for Matches. For avoidance of any misunderstandings, the Kold War Skarlet skin is forbidden for usage by the Players in case if such skin is available during the game. Players are able to select only the classic skin of the above-mentioned character during the Event (if such existing).
6. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
6.1. Tournament Organizer as well as its sponsors, strategic partners, including all authorized media partners, affiliates, agents, licensors, licensees, successors and assigns (hereinafter – “Licensed Parties”) make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Event. WITHOUT IN ANY WAY LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING AND WITHOUT ABROGATING THE TWITCH POLICIES OR THE END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR THE TITLE GAME OR OTHER AGREEMENTS THAT APPLY TO THE TITLE GAME, THE EVENT ENTITIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, WITH REGARD TO THE TITLE GAME SOFTWARE AND THE OPERATION OF THE EVENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, AND THEIR EQUIVALENTS, UNDER THE LAWS OF ANY JURISDICTION.
6.2. Each Player knowingly consents to participate in any or all Event activities under his or her own free will and without duress or undue influence of any third party. BY ENTERING AND/OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT, EACH PLAYER, ON BEHALF OF HIMSELF OR HERSELF AND HIS OR HER HEIRS, HEREBY RELEASES, DISCHARGES AND HOLDS TWITCH AND THE OTHER EVENT ENTITIES HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL ACTUAL AND POTENTIAL, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED CLAIMS, DEMANDS, CAUSES OF ACTION, COSTS, LOSSES, INJURIES, LIABILITIES AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION MENTAL AND/OR PHYSICAL INJURIES OR DEATH AND DAMAGES TO OR LOSS OF PERSONAL PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT, ATTENDING OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY EVENT OR TOURNAMENT-RELATED EVENT OR ACTIVITY AND/OR THE USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
6.3. Tournament Organizer is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or other materials, on, associated with or utilized as part of the Event Website, and the Tournament Organizer assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to the Event Website or the field of play in the Title Game
6.4. Although the Tournament Organizer attempts to ensure the integrity of the Event, the Tournament Organizer is not responsible for the actions of Players in connection with the Event, including a Player’s attempt to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Event.
6.5. Without in any way limiting the generality of the foregoing, each Player agrees that Tournament Organizer and Licensed Paries shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, relating to any of the following:
• Incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible registrations or the failure to receive registrations due to any cause, including without limitation human or technical problems, failures, or malfunctions of any kind, whether originating with Player, the Tournament Organizer, or otherwise, that may prevent or limit a Player’s ability to participate in the Event or send or receive messages requiring action or response by such Player;
• Any computer system, gaming console, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, hacks, unauthorized access, delayed computer transmissions or network connections which may result in alteration of Game play or affect Game results;
• Any problems or technical malfunction of any network or lines, servers or providers, or software, resulting from participation in the Event.
7.1. These Official Rules are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware, USA. Any lawsuits, proceedings or litigations relating to these Official Rules, the operation of the Event or otherwise may only be filed in Delaware, and the Parties hereby agree that the competent courts located in Delaware have exclusive jurisdiction over them and the subject of any such proceedings. The Parties agree that any disputes or contradictions arising in connection with these Rules or any of its terms, any efforts of any Party to ensure compliance, interpretation, interpretation, cancellation, termination or cancellation of these Rules or any of its provisions shall be resolved by a competent court of the State of Delaware in accordance with the applicable procedure.
8. INVALIDITY / HEADINGS
8.1. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except by a written instrument signed by WePlay. The waiver of any term, condition, or breach of these Official Rules shall not be deemed to be a waiver of that breach or any other term or condition in the future. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision in these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience and ease of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof.