The International 2019 preview: Team Secret
The International 2019 preview: Team Secret ⚡⚡⚡ Esports and gaming news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
We are starting a series of our previews of the teams participating in The International 2019. The first on our list will be the leaders of the Dota Pro Circuit 2018/19 — Team Secret!
DPC placement: 1
DPC points earned: 14400
- The Chonging Major — 1st place
- MDL Disneyland Paris Major — 1st place
- The Kuala Lumpur Major — 2nd place
- Michał «Nisha» Jankowski (Poland)
- Yeik «MidOne» Nai Zheng (Malaysia)
- Ludwig «Zai» Wåhlberg (Sweden)
- Yazied «YapzOr» Jaradat (Jordan)
- Clement «Puppey» Ivanov (Estonia)
Path to The International
This season, Team Secret set a standard for stability and excellent performance. Puppey and his teammates finished in the top-4 in four different majors. The only exception is the EPICENTER Major, but we tend to think that in Moscow Team Secret switched their energy save mode on.
Besides the DPC tournaments, Puppey's crew won three ESL One events in Hamburg, Katowice and Birmingham. Together with their awesome performance during the Majors Team Secret has become the final boss of this season.
- Stability. If the players are focused it is very hard to play against them. Last season we saw some crazy roller-coaster performance, but with the addition of Nisha and Zai Team Secret took it to the next level.
- Diversity. This season we've seen whopping 113 heroes in action under control of Team Secret players. Even Team Liquid, famous for its exotic drafts, have drafted 111! Diversity may be a game-changer when it comes to such tournaments as The International.
- Puppey the Captain. Dota 2 legend, well-known captain and drafter — this is all about Clement Ivanov. He is a very difficult opponent when it comes to picks and bans, and if you want to beat him you're gonna need all your wisdom and willpower...
- ... However, sometimes Puppey the Captain outdrafts himself. On a rare occasion he tends to overestimate the situation and make unforced errors. To Clement's honor, this happens very rarely.
- The status of favorites. By playing exceptionally well during DPC 2018/19 Team Secret had drawn a huge target on their back. Every other participant will be preparing for Team Secret by studying all the little details of their playstyle. The International for sure won't be a walk in the park for Team Secret, and the Europeans must be prepared for that.
Nisha. You can argue about the number one carry in the world, but the left-handed prodigy has already become one of the brightest Dota 2 stars. We believe that Michał will show his outstanding skills on the largest esports stage in the world!
Top-4. This does not mean "fourth place". We have several great teams who have more or less equal chances to become the champion. We are sure that Team Secret will be among the best of the best.
The International 2019 will take place in Shanghai on August 15 — 25. The current prize pool has overcome 31,5 million USD.