The International 2019 preview: PSG.LGD
The International 2019 preview: PSG.LGD ⚡⚡⚡ Esports and gaming news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
PSG.LGD may not be considered as the main favourite to win The International, but they are still strong!
DPC placement: 6
DPC points earned: 5040
- ESL One Birmingham — 3rd place
- The Chongqing Major — 4th place
- MDL Disneyland Paris Major — 4th place
- Wang “Ame” Chunyu (China)
- Lu “Somnus” Yao (China)
- Yang “Chalice” Shenyi (China)
- Xu “fy” Linsen (China)
- Yap “xNova” Jian Wei (Malaysia)
Path to The International
PSG.LGD had a stable decent run during this Dota Pro Circuit. They haven't fallen below the sixth, but haven't climbed above fourth place. Despite staying among the leaders, the Chinese team is yet to show their peak performance.
- Experience. Fy is a recognised veteran of the Dota scene, but he is not the only one who played for quite a long time. Considering these exact five players lost in the grand finals of The International, they have seen almost everything. Only one huge achievement is left to accomplish.
- Stability and Team Chemistry. This squad has competed without changes for 18 months already. We don't count small break that Somnus took this February.
- Outstanding traditions in preparation. This TI will be the eights for LGD Gaming. No team has achieved the same milestone. Four times the Chinese powerhouse finished top-4. They know how to prepare for the main tournament of the year.
- Lack of trophies. This season, PSG.LGD couldn't get into the grand finals of any tournament. Compared to second place in the last TI that looks like a step backwards.
- Pressure from the fans. Chinese dota community is very passionate. The fans are very supporting, but they also don't hold back when it comes to criticism. For quite a long time LGD had been the main power of Chinese Dota 2. This time, however, they are not the leaders even in their own country. That might influence the players badly.
Somnus. This franchise player has been with LGD for more than four years already. He is a trump card and he is well prepared for his role. Somnus is a fighter that deserves his spotlight. The time has come for him to shine again!
5th-6th place. Although PSG.LGD will be prepared for the tournament, there are too many strong teams right now. That's why we believe that the Chinese team will continue their trend for good, but not excellent results.
The International 2019 will take place in Shanghai on August 15 — 25. The current prize pool has overcome $32.000.000.