The International 2019 preview: Ninjas In Pyjamas
The International 2019 preview: Ninjas In Pyjamas ⚡⚡⚡ Esports and gaming news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
Ppd is back to The International. New team, new hopes, new ambitions!
DPC placement: 8
DPC points earned: 2620
- The Kuala Lumpur Major — 4th place
- StarLadder ImbaTV Dota 2 Minor Season 2 — 1st place
- OGA Dota PIT Minor 2019 — 1st place
- Marcus “Ace” Hoelgaard (Denmark)
- Adrian “Fata” Trinks (Germany)
- Neta “33” Shapira (Israel)
- Martin “Saksa” Sazdov (Macedonia)
- Peter “ppd” Dager (USA)
Path to The International
You might get the false impression of NiP power: just because the players haven't visited five majors that doesn't mean they're weak. Ppd and his teammates battled in the strongest region. They took advantage of everyone being relaxed in the beginning of the DPC and finished fourth in Malaysia. After that, they never left the top-12 of the world rating.
However, their performance wasn't stable and it seems like some internal problems have occured. It is unknown if the players managed to solve them in time, but we know for sure: NiP is a strong team that won't give up easily.
- Solid roster. NiP doesn't suffer from the lack of qualification. Although you can't call every player a superstar, there are no weak links in the team.
- Ace. The Danish carry is worth separate mentioning. Marcus is showing an outstanding performance and he is able to carry NiP to victory (with proper support from his teammates).
- A scandal around the club. NiP is facing heavy criticism after their legend Fifflaren gave a shocking interview to Richard Lewis. Different opinions and stories about possible troubles in the club's management rushed to the surface. That might distract players during the bootcamp and tournament itself.
- Lack of high results. Four majors, one top-4, one top-6, two eliminations after the second round. Not good for a team with such potential.
Ppd. The drafting genius. Under his guidance Evil Geniuses became the World champions. His calls are solid and we believe Peter will prepare some special tricks for TI9.
7th-8th place. NiP is a solid team. You need to spend some serious effort to win against them. However, there are several teams playing at a higher level. That's why we expect solid but not outstanding results.
The International 2019 will take place in Shanghai on August 15 — 25. The current prize pool has overcome $32.000.000.