The International 2019 preview: Fnatic
The International 2019 preview: Fnatic ⚡⚡⚡ Esports and gaming news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
Fnatic is the one of the least predictable teams of The International 2019. Let's have a look!
Region: South-East Asia
DPC placement: 7
DPC points earned: 2880
- The DreamLeague Major — 3rd place
- ESL One Katowice 2019 — 4th place
- PVP Esports Championship — 2nd place
- Anucha “Jabz” Jirawong (Thailand)
- Abed “Abed” Yusop (Philippines)
- Daryl “iceiceice” Koh (Singapore)
- Djardel “DJ” Mampusti (Philippines)
- Kim “DuBu” Doo-young (South Korea)
Path to The International
Fnatic is a team with the least stable results out of all twelve teams invited to The International. Their peak was in Stockholm where they managed to finish third. This was enough to book the trip to Shanghai. After that spectacular performance Fnatic plummeted. Their results in Paris and Moscow were a total disaster.
After quick elimination from EPICENTER Major the team decided to replace MP with DuBu. Considering they also changed the coach (now it is March who is in charge), there is little information about current form of Fnatic.
- Abed. Young and talented player with great experience. He will take the spotlight and carry the team to the victory.
- Dark horses. Most of the teams will meet the new Fnatic only in Shanghai. It will be extremely hard to prepare for them during the group stage.
- Lack of stability. For the whole season Fnatic have been playing some kind of a roulette: if it is red, team shows good result, if it is black, team gets eliminated early. It seems that during The DreamLeague Major the ball fell on zero.
- Personal skill. Abed and iceiceice are without a doubt star players. DJ shows some appealing performance, but that will hardly be enough for a high placement.
Iceiceice. One of the most popular players in the world, iceiceice is the embodiment of all that instability. He will either crush the opponent badly or have little impact on the game — win or lose, nothing in between. That's why he is the true X-factor of Fnatic.
9th-12th place. We want to believe that after fiasco in Moscow Fnatic started doing the right things and will be well prepared for The International 2019. On a paper it is not a bad team. However, they lack time to work everything out. That's why it is very probable that Fnatic will finish the tournament somewhere in the middle of placements table.
The International 2019 will take place in Shanghai on August 15 — 25. The current prize pool has overcome $32.000.000.