The International 2019 preview: Evil Geniuses
The International 2019 preview: Evil Geniuses ⚡⚡⚡ Esports and gaming news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
The main hope of North America is in da house! Check out our Evil Geniuses TI9 preview.
Region: North America
DPC placement: 4
DPC points earned: 6825
- The Kuala Lumpur Major — 3rd place
- The Chongqing Major — 3rd place
- MDL Disneyland Paris Major —3rd place
- Artour “Arteezy” Babaev (Canada)
- Sumail “SumaiL” Hassan (Pakistan)
- Gustav “s4” Magnusson (Sweden)
- Andreas “Cr1t-” Nielsen (Denmark)
- Tal “Fly” Aizik (Israel)
Path to The International
For the whole season Evil Geniuses have been walking around the first place, but failed to claim any trophy. They finished top-3 in three Majors and became runner-ups of MDL Macau 2019 and ESL One Birmingham 2019.
Despite this failure, Evil Geniuses are still considered a strong force that can take the whole tournament if the stars allign.
- Experience. Evil Geniuses have two world champions and each of five participants have played in plenty of big tournaments including The International. They know how to deal with the on- and off-stage pressure.
- Hunger for victories. Fly and Arteezy are two world-known masters, but they've yet to inscribe their names on the Aegis of Championship. Their hunger will push the team forward.
- Outstanding personal skill. Captain, who won old Majors with OG, two world champions, elite support from Denmark and Canadian fan-favourite who became an idol for many young Dota 2 players — if we consider the personal skill, EG are very strong.
- Balance. Arteezy and SumaiL are two all-star players, but the farm distribution is not always ideal. It may look like EG are still struggling with finding that perfect balance between two outstanding cores.
- Forever second and third. We've already mentioned that, but EG failed to win a single tournament this season. This might be a huge psychological burden for the team.
SumaiL. The strongest Storm Spirit in the game. The Pakistani prodigy has grown, and he is probably in his prime right now. He is a clutch player and will definitely show his outstanding skills to all those unsatisfied punks.
5th-6th place. Unfortunately for all the fans, Evil Geniuses have not showed stellar performance this season. They are stable, they are strong, but will it be enough against such powerhouses as Team Secret and Vici Gaming? We're not sure.
The International 2019 will take place in Shanghai on August 15 — 25. The current prize pool has overcome $32.000.000.