The Heroes in Dota 2 - An Introductory Guide for Terrorblade
The Heroes in Dota 2 - An Introductory Guide for Terrorblade ⚡⚡⚡ Esports and gaming news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
Dota 2 has many awesome heroes that you can play. Each of them has unique skills and gameplay, so it's up to you to decide which one suits your style. Some of those heroes are mainly used to help others, whereas the other group of heroes has the job to lead their team to success.
With that said, today, we will take a look at one of the best heroes when it comes down to carrying the team- Terrorblade. Let's dive in and see what can we expect from this late-game monster.
Basic Information about Terrorblade
Terrorblade is a melee, agility hero that is capable of doing insane amounts of physical damage during the mid-late game. In fact, he is often considered as one of the hardest carries in the game, even surpassing the likes if Spectre and Morphling. Despite that, TB is not that popular in pub games like the heroes we've mentioned. He is very squishy during the first couple of minutes, which means that he needs good supports to survive.
Once the laning stage is over, he can use his abilities to quickly farm and get the items he needes. After his done, TB can easily rip through the enemy lineups during a team-fight and carry his team to victory.
Having said that, let's take a look at the different abilities of this one-of-a-kind hero:
- Reflection is an amazing ability that can do wonders during the later stages of the game. When used, it creates a sort of illusions of the enemies in a small AoE while also slowing down their movement speed for a couple of seconds. These "illusions" proceed to attack the enemy heroes until the entire duration is over. They can't be dodged or avoided, which makes this spell very powerful against high-DPS heroes such as Phantom Assasin, Anti-Mage, Slark, and more.
- Conjure Image is an illusion ability that allows Terrorblade to fight and farm more easily. Although they don't do the full damage of the hero, this ability is still an amazing way to quickly farm through the jungle, push the wave, or take down towers. The thing that makes them stand out is the fact that they benefit from Metarmophosis, which makes them very dangerous, especially during team fights.
- Metamorphosis is the ability that completely changes the way Terrorblade plays. Unlike other heroes who have the ultimates their strongest ability, in the case of Terrorblade, this is not true. Metamorphosis allows the hero to be basically on steroids and do tons of physical damage. In addition to that, it also gives him tons of attack range, that can be combined with items such as Dragon Lance for maximum efficiency.
Needless to say, if you want to make the most out of this hero, you have to learn how to play with this spell. In other words, whenever it is off cooldown, you have to try and make something happen. On the other hand, it is definitely not advisable to engage in fights if this spell is on CD.
- Sunder is a very powerful ultimate that basically allows Terrorblade to swap his HP either with the enemies or his own allies. Although it might seem boring at first, this ultimate is actually capable of completely changing the course of a team fight. However, it has a small cast animation that makes it pretty tricky to use, so you always need to be careful about that.
Items and Counters
Terrorblade is always going to be played as a carry. This means that most carry items will be just fine. However, there are a couple of items that definitely stand out, which makes them a must-buy for every Terrorblade player out there:
- Drums of Endurance is a cheap and very effective item early on that is often considered as the best starting item for Terrorblade. Apart from stats and movement speed, this item also gives the hero the much-needed survivability early on. As we mentioned this is one of the heroes with the lowest starting HP in Dota 2.
- Manta Style is another must for TB because it allows him to have two more illusions. Of course, let's also not forget about the movement speed, damage, and attack speed from the manta.
- Hurricane Pike is a very popular item choice for TB because this item gives him even more range in his Meta. As if that's not enough, he can use the Pike to either chase or run away from his enemies whenever it's needed.
- Black King Bar is a must on every single carry and TB is no exception here. This item is very strong and much needed whenever many disable or heroes do a high amount of magical damage.
- Butterfly is also another very popular item among the agility carries and TB is no exception either. With this, this hero can easily tank a lot of damage and push the enemy base.
When it comes down to counters, there are a couple of notable names that every Terrorblade needs to be aware of. Some of the heroes are only dangerous during the early stages of the game, whereas others can be a pain all the time:
- Storm Spirit -a very dangerous hero that can easily pick off TB during the early to mid-game.
- Slark is just very annoying to deal with. Although he is not exactly a counter, he can be tricky to kill.
- Tinker is a powerful nuker that is extremely effective against squishy heroes.
- Zeus does the same as Tinker.