The Heroes in Dota 2 - An Introductory Guide for Spirit Breaker
The Heroes in Dota 2 - An Introductory Guide for Spirit Breaker ⚡⚡⚡ Esports news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
Despite being released over 10 years ago, Dota 2 is still one of the most popular MOBA games in the world. Having said that, there are many new players that decide to give up on it because of its complexity. While it’s true that Dota 2 is probably the hardest MOBA, once you learn the basic things about the heroes, items, and mechanics, it’s not that hard to start winning. In order to try and help you out, we will do a brief coverage of one very strong and also “noob-friendly” Dota 2 hero - Spirit Breaker.
Let’s see what are the most important things that we need to know about this hero
Basic information about Spirit Breaker
Spirit Breaker is often considered to be a “yolo” hero due to his very offensive playstyle. He is a very hardy melee strength hero that is capable of making the life of every mid laner a living hell. Despite the fact that he is played as roaming support in 90% of the cases, sometimes, this hero can even play as a carry.
Let’s take a look at his abilities and what do we need to know about them.
- Charge of Darkness is the ability that pretty much defines this hero. When used, Spirit Breaker begins to run at a very high speed towards the target until he hits it. This is a single-target spell that can be cast either on creeps or heroes. The only way for it to stop is if Spirit Breaker gets stunned, killed, or he stops it. Also, while the target is charged, SB and his team-mates get vision over him, which allows an easier gank.
- Bulldoze is a fairly new ability that fits very well with Spirit Breaker’s playstyle. Although it might seem a bit strange at first, this ability actually does wonders during the later stages of the game. Apart from tons of movement speed, Spirit Breaker gets a 70% status resistance, which means that every single disable only lasts one-third of its original duration.
The cool thing is that this spell can be used even while Spirit Breaker is charging.
- Greater Bash is also a very powerful passive ability that does tons of damage when it procs. Unlike the other basing abilities in Dota 2, this one also pushes the target back when it procs. Needless to say, every single proc deals a lot of damage and if Spirit Breaker has enough RNG, he is capable of bringing down even the toughest opponents.
In addition, Greater Bash also provides him with bonus damage, depending on the movement speed he has. In other words, the more movement speed he has, the more damage he does.
- Nether Strike is the big ultimate that every single hero fears. Even though it only does 250 damage on level 3, it also does a guaranteed Greater Bash, which adds up.
To make things even better, this ability can be upgraded by buying an Aghanim’s Scepter, which makes it a lot more powerful. Apart from more damage, Greater Bash basically becomes an AoE spell and it has 20 seconds cooldown, which means that it can be used more than once during a team fight.
Counters and items
The item choices of Spirit Breaker depend heavily on what position he’s playing in. As we mentioned earlier, in the vast majority of cases, this hero will be roaming support. This means that most items usually bought in this position will do just fine. However, there are a couple of distinctive items that most Spirit Breaker players tend to buy:
- Spirit Vessel fits amazingly with Spirit Breaker’s playstyle. If this hero gets an explosive start, he is capable of acquiring a lot of charges, which can then be used later on during team fights.
- Shadow Blade is a very powerful item that allows Spirit Breaker to do more damage. The cool thing is that it can be used while the hero is Charging, which makes it even more deadly.
- Blademail is a very common item among SB players because he is often the hero that gets heavily focused.
- Meteor Hammer - although being somewhat strange, this is also an item that can do wonders in certain situations.
When it comes down to counters, we can safely say that Spirit Breaker is one of the heroes that doesn’t have that many counters. While it’s true that nearly every core hero will be able to eventually kill him very fast, later on, the early to mid-game is a bit different. In fact, the only hero that can really make SB’s life a living hell is Timbersaw. After all, this hero is capable of doing a lot of damage to all strength heroes.
As you can see, Sprit Breaker is a great hero to that you can reign havoc with. Once you learn how ti platy with him properly, you will start winning even more.