The Heroes in Dota 2 - An Introductory Guide for Razor
The Heroes in Dota 2 - An Introductory Guide for Razor ⚡⚡⚡ Esports news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
Dota 2 is a game where you can choose between a big selection of heroes, each of which is awesome to play with. Some of them make great carries, whereas others are mainly used to support.
Today, we will take a look at one hero who is often considered a nightmare to lane against because he is just too strong. Razor has been "on and off" in the meta for some time now. However, even when the hero was not that popular, many people still picked him just to crush the enemy on the lane.
Having said that, let's take a look at everything we need to know about this hero and how can we make him a beast.
Basic information about Razor
Razor is an agility range hero that can be played in one of the three core positions. However, we definitely shine the most when he is put in the mid lane, especially against certain enemies.
Despite being a ranged hero, his range is actually not that big. On the contrary, Razor has one of the best attack animations that allow him to easily secure those last hits and denies, whenever it's needed. What's more, this hero is also one of the fastest in Dota 2, which makes him very good at chasing or escaping ganks, whatever the case may be. Combines with his abilities, it's easy to see why Razor is such a strong laner.
Speaking of his abilities, here is a list of them and how they work:
- Plasma Field is an AoE spell that does damage and also slows down the enemy units. However, instead of doing a flat damage and slow, both values depend on the position of the enemy. Even though it might seem a bit hard to hit at first, once you get used to it, you will be able to do a lot of damage.
Plasma field is not really a reliable farming tool because it has a fairly decent cooldown. However, when it comes down to securing kills, it is one of the best none-ultimate spells in the game.
- Static Link is the ability that makes Razor extremely dangerous and often picked as a counter against some of the strongest physical damage dealers in the game. When used, this ability starts draining damage from the enemy and giving it to razor, for a maximum of 22 damage per second. Not only is this great whenever you need to get some extra damage, but this also prevents that specific hero to do any phyiscal damage during a fight. So, the only thing left for it is to do damage with his spells, which in most cases do little to nothing (Ursa for example).
- Storm Surge is a passive ability that gives Razor and his team-mates bonus movement speed. Althought it might not seem as much, that's not the case at all because this ability can be a life saver, especially in some circumstanes
- Last, but most definitely not least, we have Eye of the Storm, which is perhaps one of the most underrated abilities in Dota 2. When used, Razor spawns a cloud on top of his head that attacks random enemies nearby. However, if the hero also purchases an Aghanim's Scepter, this ultimate also starts attacking buildings which makes Razor one of the fastest pushing heroes in the game.
Items and Counters
As we've mentioned above, Razor is exclusively played as a core hero, which means that most core items will do just fine. However, there are a couple of items that make this hero really strong, which is why you can often see people purchasing it all the time:
- Sange and Yasha is an amazing item that many Razor players tend to buy. Apart from providing damage, this item also gives movement speed, attack speed, and HP, which are stats that Razor loves to have. To make it even better, this item is fairly inexpensive, which is great.
- Aghanim's Scepter is another popular item that allows Razor to become a pushing beast. However, it's not that common, especially in the lower-MMR brackets.
- Linkin's Sphere is a good item that makes this already hard to kill hero even stronger.
- Butterfly is a great item for every carry player and Razor is no exception.
- Hearth of Tarrasque is also another option that works wonders, especially in certan situations.
As for counters, there are really not that many hero that can stand a chance against Razor. Usually, the ones that have a lot of range can be a bit hard to deal with, such as Sniper for example. Also, unless Razor purchases some items that provide magic resistance, heroes like Tinker and Zeus can also be a pain.