The Heroes in Dota 2 - An Introductory Guide for Huskar
The Heroes in Dota 2 - An Introductory Guide for Huskar ⚡⚡⚡ Esports and gaming news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
Dota 2 is one of the most popular MOBA games out there. Even though it's been around for some time now, it still brings together millions of people from all over the world. Apart from the casual scene, this game is also one of the biggest esports in the world, with tournaments having prize pools in millions.
One of the first big challenges ahead of every new Dota 2 player is to learn what each hero does. Although this might seem like a pretty straightforward thing to do, it will definitely take some time.
With that said, one of the easiest and perhaps the deadliest heroes which you can play with is called Huskar. Given a proper start, this hero is capable of carrying his team to victory in under 30 minutes. However, there are certain things that you have to keep in mind when you decide that you want to play with Huskar.
Without further ado, let's take a look at one of the deadliest heroes in the game.
Basic Information about Huskar
This is a ranged, strength hero that is always played as a core. However, unlike other core heroes, his position can vary a lot, depending on the picks of your team-mates. Having said that, he definitely shines the most when he is put mid. Similar to Ursa, Huskar is the only hero that is capable of soloing Roshan during the first 25-30 minutes in the game. While it is a little bit harder to do than Ursa, this is a great advantage because he can grab an early aegis and dive his enemies.
As we mentioned above, if this hero gets a good start, he can easily rip through his enemies like a knife through butter. On the contrary, if he gets stomped, recovering is pretty much impossible. He just doesn't have any kind of flash-farming abilities that can allow him to bounce back in the game.
Speaking of abilities, let's take a look at them:
- Inner Fire is the only AoE spell and frankly, the only ability that costs mana. When used, it deals damage and knocks back all enemies that are within its range, which allows Huskar to escape from some sticky situations. Although it deals a significant amount of damage, the cooldown is not that little to allow it to be spammed constantly. In other words, this ability can't be used that frequently to farm. However, it does work in some situations, especially against heroes such as Ursa or Slark for example.
- Burning Spear is the spell that makes Huskar one of the most annoying and strong mid laners in Dota 2. When used, it deals a little bit of damage to Huskar himself but on the contrary, each spear deals additional damage over time to his enemies. As you can imagine, this spell can stack a lot, which results in a massive DoT that is capable of killing most heroes out there. There is even a special talent that increases the damage of your speaks, which makes them even more deadly.
- Berserker's Blood is a passive ability that allows Huskar to turn into a monster. When he takes damage, this spell stacks up and gives him bonus attack speed, as well as health regeneration. In the words, the lower his HP, the harder he hits. This ability makes staying on low HP very lucrative but it's important to learn how to use it properly because you can easily die.
- Life Break is one of the strongest single-target ultimates in Dota 2 that allows Huskar to kill every single hero in just a matter of seconds. When used, Huskar jumps on a target and removes a certain percentage from his and his enemies' HP. In addition, this slows the enemy, which allows Huskar to hit him multiple times with his Burning Spears. In other words, he can kill every single hero in just a matter of seconds.
Item Choices and Bad Matchups
When it comes down to item choices, Huskar is one of those heroes that nearly always get the same items, regardless of the matchups. That's due to the fact that the hero has a very specific playstyle that requires certain items to be effective. That said, it is possible to see some "unorthodox" things, especially in the lower MMR brackets. With that said, let's take a look at some of the most popular items for this hero:
- Armlet of Mordiggan is THE Huskar item that pretty much defines the hero. It gives him Health, Damage, and Attack Speed, which is exactly what he needs. Also, since it's very cheap, it can be purchased very early on.
- Hearth of Tarrasque is a very strong item that provides tons of HP, which allows Huskar to be a lot tankier.
- Assault Cuirass is an excellent item whenever you are facing enemies that have a high amount of physical damage.
- Black King Bar is an absolute must for this hero because every single disable can potentially ruin the team fight for him.
When it comes down to counters, Huskar is very vulnerable against certain heroes. Some of them are very strong only early on, whereas others can be life-threatening only during the late game. Here are a couple of examples:
- Ursa - Huskar's biggest enemy that can rip through him as soon as she gets just a couple of items.
- Phantom Assassin can potentially one-shot Huskar when she gets a couple of damage items.