The Heroes in Dota 2 - An Introductory Guide for Faceless Void
The Heroes in Dota 2 - An Introductory Guide for Faceless Void ⚡⚡⚡ Esports news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
There are many amazing heroes in Dota 2, each of which has some sort of signature ability. Regardless if you like to play as a carry or as support, you will always find something that suits your needs. With that said, today, we will take a look at one hero that probably has the most iconic ultimates of all time - Faceless Void. He is often referred to as a late-game monster because he has the power to carry his team to victory.
Let’s take a look at what do we need to know about this awesome hero.
Basic information about Faceless Void
Faceless Void is a hero that’s capable of upsetting the plans of most drafts. He is a melee agility hero that can be played either as a carry or as an offlaner. Both positions work just fine so it mainly depends on the setup of the entire team. While it’s true that he definitely shines the most as a carry, an offlane void can be very strong with certain heroes such as Invoker for example.
Here is a list of Void’s abilities and how they work:
- Time Walk is an amazing ability that allows Void to basically run back in time 2 seconds earlier. As a result, he will have the same HP that he used to have during that time frame, which makes him incredibly hard to kill.
In other words, once you start ganking this hero, you have a very limited window where you can kill him. After all, Time Walk has a very short cooldown. There is a special talent that increases the range of this spell, which allows Void to either run away fast or use it to catch his enemies whenever they’re running away.
- Time Dilation is a very strong skill against certain enemies. When used, this spell locks the cooldown of the enemy heroes on the spells that they use. However, if they’ve already used some of their skills and they are on cooldown, this spell slows them down for 10% of their movement speed per cooldown.
Time Dilation can completely ruin the team-fight of some heroes such as Invoker for example. However, since this spell has a short-range, many players tend to skip it early on.
- Time Lock is a passive bashing skill that gives Void a chance to bash his enemy and do bonus damage on his attack. Needless to say, this is the main reason why this hero is so scary during the late game. If luck is on his side, he can easily bring down his enemies in just a couple of seconds because the damage amount he does with Time Lock is very high.
The best thing about this spell is that you can still buy a Basher and benefit from both stuns. While it’s true that the changes don’t stack, this is still a great way to do even more damage with your attacks.
- The last ability that we will take a look at his probably one of the most signature ultimates in the game. Chronosphere gives Void the ability to freeze the time in a big AoE where he is the only one that can move around. When used, this ability locks down everyone that’s inside and allows Faceless Void to move very fast and do bonus damage on each attack.
Even though this ability does no damage on its own, it is very strong when it’s combined with other heroes such as Invoker, Tinker, etc. However, using it can be very tricky because you can also use it to trap your allies inside it as well. That’s why you have to be very careful when using it.
Items and Counters
The item choice for Faceless Void is relatively the same, regardless if he is an offlaner or not. That’s due to the fact that this hero is a good physical damage dealer. Here are a couple of items that are often bought for this hero:
- Diffusal Blade is a very strong item for Void because it allows him to chase down his enemies relatively easily.
- Black King Bar is also another very common item that can turn the course of the game. Even though Void has abilities that allow him to run away, he is very susceptible to lockdowns, which is why a BKB is a must.
- Mjollnir works very well, especially if it’s purchased early on. After all, this is a farming item so the sooner you get it, the better.
- Butterfly is a very popular choice for every Agility Carry and Void is no exception.
- Battlefuy is also an item that many people consider. However, it usually has the same use as Mjollnir, which is why more people tend to lean towards it. After all, it provides nearly the same damage but way more attack speed, which is very important for Void.
- Blink Dagger is a popular choice for the offlane Void players, especially if he teams up with a casting mid such as Invoker for example.
When it comes down to counters, every single hero has some sort of lockdown can be a huge pain to deal with. Regardless if this lockdown is from an ability or from an item, chances are that Void will die if he can’t use his Time Walk ability. In other words, heroes such as Tinker, Ursa, Orchid Builders (Clinkz, Storm, etc) are very annoying to play against. However, that doesn’t mean its impossible. In fact, if you buy the proper items, you have to power to stand up against anything.
After all, Void is considered as one of the strongest late-game carries and it is for a reason.