The Heroes in Dota 2 - An Introductory Guide for Crystal Maiden
The Heroes in Dota 2 - An Introductory Guide for Crystal Maiden ⚡⚡⚡ Esports and gaming news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
Dota 2 has many for you to choose from, and each of them has something cool that you will definitely like. Regardless if you want to be in the action or you want to be the player that helps his team, Dota 2 will have something for you. We'd suggest you visit the AniMajor live streams to watch the gameplay by the most skilled players in the world.
With that said, today, we will take a look at one of the most iconic support heroes of all time - Crystal Maiden. Regardless if you like this hero or not, there is no denying that she is an incredibly powerful support hero that's capable of changing the course of a team-fight.
Let's see everything that we need to know about this hero.
Crystal Maiden, also known as Rylai, is a range, intelligence Dota 2 hero that is always played as a support. The question is whether she will be a position five or position four. Even though she has the potential to farm with her second spell, most people prefer to play this hero as a position five.
Crystal Maiden is an excellent lane companion that can help offensively and defensively. Although she is the slowest hero in the game, her skills allow her actually to kite her enemies. Nevertheless, once the enemy cores get on top of this hero, she will probably die because she is very susceptible to damage.
With that said, let's take a look at the spells of this awesome hero:
- Crystal Nova is an AoE spell that deals damage and slows the movement and attack speed of the enemies. It is a very powerful spell both offensive and defensively because it deals a significant amount of damage. In fact, there is even a talent that nearly doubles the damage of this ability, making it very strong.
With its low cooldown and easy to use mechanism, it's not hard to see why so many people rush to level this spell.
- Frostbite is probably CM's most signature ability that ultimately enables the hero. Similar to the Crystal Nova, this can be used either offensively or defensively. In fact, you can even use it for farming Neutral Creeps because when it's used on one, the duration is the jaw-dropping 10 seconds. When it's used on heroes, the total length is 3 seconds, but in most cases, it is enough to score kills.
This ability can work wonders in conjunction with some carries in the game. For example, Crystal Maiden and Juggernaut is a trendy combination of heroes that can do wonders in the lane.
- Arcane Aura is the passive ability that so many heroes love. This spell passively provides mana regeneration to every single hero that's on Crystal Maiden's team. This includes CM herself, but unlike the rest, she gets a little more mana regen. Also, you can even get a 10% magic resistance once you get the talent, which is pretty good against certain heroes. After all, remember that CM is a very squishy hero, so every single resistance is welcomed.
- Freezing Field is probably one of the most underrated ultimates in Dota 2. When it's used correctly, this ultimate is capable of doing insane amounts of damage during a team fight. What's more, it also provides armor for Crystal Maiden herself, which makes her a lot more hardy. After all, every single enemy hero will try to bring her down ASAP. However, the vast majority of enemy heroes will try to run from the deadly spell.
As we mentioned earlier, Crystal Maiden is one of the squishiest heroes in Dota 2. As such, every single hard-hitting carry and mid laner is a potential threat to her. Here are some of the deadliest heroes she can encounter:
- Slark is definitely the biggest nightmare of every Crystal Maiden player. Although CM has the needed tools to kite him around, any good player will simply use Dark Pact to remove the CCs and kill CM in just a matter of seconds.
- Templar Assassin is another hero that is very deadly. In fact, she might be the most significant counter to CM because she can literally one-shot the little support hero.
- Storm Spirit, Lifestealer, Lone Druid are also heroes that can make the life of every CM player a living hell.
As for items, pretty much any supported item can be used by this hero. However, there are definitely a couple of things that are an absolute must for every Crystal Maiden:
- Glimmer's Cape is an item that is just necessary if you don't want to go on a feeding spree. This item can be used on your or your team-mates whenever it's needed. Apart from defensively, this item has a lot of potentials to be used offensively as CM because you can freely cast your ultimate.
- Black King Bar is a little bit on the expensive side when it comes down to supports, but if you have the funds to get it, by all means, go and purchase it. This is pretty much the only item that guarantees that you will get your ultimate during a team fight.
- Aeon Disc is a fairly new Dota 2 item that allows you to survive the initial deadly burst for some heroes. As you probably guessed, it works wonders on heroes such as Crystal Maiden because she dies very fast.
Rylai is a fun and easy hero to pick up, which is why many new players love her. However, don't be fooled by that because CM is one of the strongest supports even in the high-MMR bracket.