Team Secret will play at WePlay! Dota 2 Tug Of War: Mad Moon
Team Secret will play at WePlay! Dota 2 Tug Of War: Mad Moon ⚡⚡⚡ Esports and gaming news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
All Christmas festivities and decorations are already far away on the shelf or in a dark corner in your garage, so it's time for bright and scorching battles under the Mad Moon.
The creative WePlay! team, successfully completing WePlay! Bukovel Minor 2020, returns to Tug of War original trilogy. Eight strong teams will fight for the title of Mad Moon tournament Champions with a solid prize pool of $300,000 on the line.
Venue and Tickets
The final part of WePlay! Dota 2 Tug of War: Mad Moon will be held in the well-known for the Forge of Masters League audience the VDNG concert hall. Free invitation tickets are about to appear on the weplay.tv website.
- WePlay! Dota 2 Tug of War: Mad Moon Group Stage: February, 19-20 ;
- WePlay! Dota 2 Tug of War: Mad Moon Playoffs: February, 21-23;
Eight teams are set to take part in the competition. As you know, ppd and his mates were the first champions at WePlay! Tug of War: Radiant. Then, at WePlay! Tug of War: Dire, Royal Never Give Up, and Infamous Gaming were the strongest teams among others. So, here you are:
- European Champion, WePlay! Tug of War: Radiant — Ninjas in Pyjamas;
- American Champion, WePlay! Tug of War: Dire — Infamous Gaming;
- Asian Champion, WePlay! Tug of War: Dire — Royal Never Give Up;
- The winner of WePlay! Reshuffle Madness 2019 — Natus Vincere;
- Direct invite — Team Secret;
- And three more teams, which we will reveal later.
Tug of War: Mad Moon format
The tournament is divided into two stages: Group Stage and Playoffs. All the matches are held within the Double Elimination system.
Group Stage is played in GSL format. The teams are divided into two groups, four in each. The matches of the first round are played in Bo1 format, the matches of the second round are played in Bo3 format. Two teams who took the last places in their group will leave the tournament.
In the Playoffs, the six remaining teams start their way to the Grand Final from the Upper Bracket. The teams who take second and third places in the Group Stage will pair in the first round (quarterfinals stage), while group winners proceed to the semifinals. All Playoff matches, except the Grand Final, will be held in the Bo3 format (up to two wins). The winner of WePlay! Tug of War: Mad Moon will be determined in the Bo5 (up to three wins) series.
The prize pool is $300,000 (equivalent to Valve's Dota 2 Pro Circuit Minors). Prize pool distribution:
- 1st place: $130,000
- 2nd place: $60,000
- 3rd place: $30,000
- 4th place: $20,000
- 5-6th place: $12,000
- 7-8th place: $8,000
- *MVP-Core: $10,000
- *MVP-Support: $10,000
*The best players of the tournament will be awarded on WePlay! Dota 2 Tug of War: Mad Moon. Two at once: both the core and support character players will receive a check for $10.000. The choice of the tournament's best player will be made in two stages:
- The first stage: online voting on the weplay.tv site during the tournament;
- The second stage: the internal decision of the jury, consisting of invited talents. Winners will be selected from the pool of candidates marked by the audience. The results will be summed up at the end of the Grand Final.
* * *
Stay up to date with the special section in the tournament module, tag, and our social networks — Twitter, Reddit, Discord .
Email us for brand partnership, integrations and media rights inquiries: email@example.com
Contact information for media outlets: firstname.lastname@example.org