Super Smash Bros. Ultimate version 7.0.0 patch notes
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate version 7.0.0 patch notes ⚡⚡⚡ Esports news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate version 7.0.0 is live, bringing with it Fire Emblem's Byleth and a host of balances and fixes. It's a long list, but most characters only see changes to their shields.
Joker, Palutena, and Zero Suit Samus have been considered top-tier characters in many tier lists for a while now. That's likely why they've been nerfed. Joker, in particular, had become a problem for most to deal with, giving Fall PGRU 2019's top player, Leonardo “MKLeo” Lopez the edge.
Besides the addition of Byleth, new Mii costumes are now available from franchises like Assassin's Creed, Cuphead, Mega Man Battle Network, and Rabbids. They all cost $0.75 each.
Here's a summary of all the changes in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate version 7.0.0:
These items are only available after purchase:
- Altaïr Hood + Outfit
- Byleth Challenger Pack
- Cuphead Hat + Outfit
- MegaMan.EXE’s Helmet + Armor
- Rabbids Hat
- X’s Helmet + Armor
Vault Menu Shop
- Dimitri (Fire Emblem)
- Hilda (Fire Emblem)
Spirit Board & Shop
- Radiant Gleam
- Kloster (Grief)
- Bullet Walker (Brigadier General)
- High Line (Guns Empress)
- S-Tetrimino & Z-Tetrimino
- L-Tetrimino & J-Tetrimino
Biggest character changes
Zelda, Dr. Mario, and Sheik received the most changes, with many of them being buffs to speed, damage, and launch distance of their moveset. Young Link and also has the launch distance of a couple of his moves increased while Toon Link gets an increase to the speed, power, and duration of some aerial attacks.
Increased shield size
The following characters only had their shield sizes increased:
- Donkey Kong
- Mii Swordfighter
- Bowser Jr.
- Wii Fit Trainer
- Rosalina & Luma
- Little Mac
- King Dedede
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Meta Knight
- Pit / Dark Pit
- Ice Climbers
- Palutena has an extended launch distance for both her Down Smash and Down Throw attacks while her Neutral air had its launch distance shortened. Cloud received similarly receives extended launch distance for his Dash Attack and Up Smash while Up Special and Down Special had their speed increased. Joker and his persona Arsene's nerf's are quite bearable too, focusing on reduced bullet range when airborne and
- Ryu and Ken can now perform special cancels from their down smash attacks but lose shield damage from them in return. Other characters that received small balance changes are Fox, Captain Falcon, Mii Brawler, Mewtwo, Zero Suit Samus, Snake, Pokemon Trainer, Diddy Kong, Duck Hunt, Ridley, King K. Rool, Incineroar, and Piranha Plant.
- Players cannot make videos of replays that contain DLC they haven't purchased, like fighters, stages, and music.
- Several issues fixed to improve the gameplay experience.
Fire Emblem: Three Houses protagonist Byleth arrives in a male and female variation and marks the end of Fighters Pass Vol. 1. You can find the full patch notes here.