StarCraft 2 2019 WCS Spring Survival Guide
StarCraft 2 2019 WCS Spring Survival Guide ⚡⚡⚡ Esports and gaming news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
The 2019 WCS Spring StarCraft 2 tournament is part of World Championship Series Circuit. It allows players to gain points necessary to qualify for Blizzcon. The event takes place in Kiev, Ukraine, hosted by StarLadder.
16 players qualified to the third group stage of the event through the regional online qualifiers.
At least 60 more players will be starting in the first group stage.
(Image credits - StarLadder)
Group Stage #1
Open for everyone. All players are divided into GSL-style brackets. Top 2 move to Group Stage #2, the rest go to one of the Knockout brackets.
Group Stage #2
GSL-style brackets formed by the survivors of Group Stage #1. The winners go straight to Group Stage #3; the losing players enter Knockout brackets at round 3 or 4.
Group Stage #3
GSL-style brackets Formed by the winners of online regional qualifiers and the survivors of Group Stage #2. The winners go to go to the Playoffs’ Ro16. Top 2 players go to the Playoffs’ Ro24. The losing players join the Knockout brackets Round 5 and 6.
15 separate brackets filled by players who have lost in one of the group stages.
Single elimination bracket filled by the winners of the Group Stage #3 and Knockout Bracket.
All matches are best of 3.
Grand Finals is best of 5.
This Liquipedia page is the best place to follow the tournament developments.
International talent crew
- Sue “Smix” Lee (host, takes great interviews)
- James “Kaelaris” Carrol (host, the one who outshined Apolo)
- Benjamin “DeMusliM” Baker (commentator, keep your kebabs away from him)
- Leigh “Maynarde” Mandalov (commentator, the coolest guy in the world)
- Jared “PiG” Krensel (commentator, who along with DeMusliM could have a deep run in this tournament)
- Kevin “RotterdaM” van Kooi (commentator, but you won't be able to hear anything through his shirt)
2019 WCS Spring takes place between May 17 and 19. Each day starts at 13:00 CEST (04:00 PDT).
The Bracket stage is scheduled to start at on May 19 at 13:00 CEST (04:00 PDT).
The main English stream link. There will be many community streams covering various players and languages.
The 2019 WCS Spring prize pool sports
$100,000 USD and 12,600 WCS Circuit Points.
- 1st — $20,000 — 3,000 WCS Points and a seed at WCS Global Finals
- 2nd — $10,000 — 1,400 WCS Points
- 3rd-4th — $6,000 — 900 WCS Points
- 5th-8th — $4,000 — 600 WCS Points
- 9th-16th — $2,750 — 300 WCS Points
- 17th-24th — $1,250 — 100 WCS Points
- 25th-32nd — $1,250
Don’t forget to follow us on social media to get the latest news and take part in the giveaways: Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.