Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Abilities Guide - Best skills to unlock
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Abilities Guide - Best skills to unlock ⚡⚡⚡ Esports and gaming news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is one of the hottest games right now because it features many unique gameplay elements. Regardless of whether you're af a fan of Star Wars or not, this is definitely a game that you will like a lot. However, if you are into Star Wars, it will instantly become one of your most favorite games in the last couple of years.
You will be taking the role of Cal, a Jedi that apparently forgot a lot of his abilities. One of the things you will do as you explore the game is allowing Cal to remember the power of the Force. While doing this, you will learn tons of new abilities that will help you in many sticky situations. Some of those abilities are mainly defensive, whereas others are focused on doing as much damage as possible.
In this guide, we will try to divide them so that you can get a better understanding of what to expect. Keep it in mind that this list is subject to change when the new updates start kicking in. After all, this game will get a lot of changes since it just got released.
Let's dive in and see what can you expect.
How can you unlock the abilities in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Before we start to explore the different skills, it is essential to know how to open them. In order to do that, you need to find a Meditation circle, which is easier said than done. Apart from learning stuff, this circle is also instrumental if you just want to rest.
Keep it in mind that there are five different tears that you can unlock, which means that each of them is unique. You will be able to open a new tier once you finish every single quest from the previous one. This means that you need to play a lot if you want to have every individual ability in this game.
Each skill has a different requirement when it comes down to purchasing, but it usually varies from one to four skill points. Unless something is changed in the future, you will earn roughly one skill point per level, which is not a bad rate at all.
The Force Abilities in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
The first set of abilities that we will take at are related to the Force. If you've watched any of the Star Wars movies, you will know that the Force is the primary source of power for every single Jedi. As you can imagine, this is also true for this game. You can use the abilities in this group to get yourself out of sticky situations all the time.
- Force Push - this is perhaps the most substantial Force ability that you will learn in the game. As the name suggests, it will allow you to basically push any object or enemy away from you, which can work wonders. In order to unlock it, you have to go to Zeffo and complete the Tomb of Eilram, which is a pretty long questline. However, once you start it and finish the first couple of tasks, you will reach a big locked door. Try to interact with it, and you will see a long cutscene, after which Cal will remember how to perform this action.
- The Doube Jump - you can find this type of ability in most modern games nowadays. In order to get this in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, you need to go to Kashyyyk and search for the Origin Tree. While you're looking for it, you will stumble across a couple of very high platforms that seem impossible to overcome. Try jumping a couple of times when you're there, and after a while, Cal will automatically perform a double jump. After this moment, you will permanently learn how to do it.
- The Force Pull - this is yet another classic move from the Star Wars movies that had to be included in the game. You will be able to unlock this when you go to Zeffo and start exploring the Tomb of Miktrull. There will be a point where you will basically slip and fall down, losing your Lightsaber in the process. When this happens, there will be a special cutscene where Cal will remember what he's learned before, and he will use toe Force to bring back his Lightsaber.
As you can imagine, this ability is extremely useful in many different circumstances, so we definitely encourage you to go and get it.
- Running on walls - this is the first Force ability that you will learn when you start your journey in this game. As the name suggests, this will give you the power to run alongside walls, which means that you can get out of many bad situations fairly easy. In order to unlock it, you have to go to Bogano and explore the place. Remember to use it as much as possible when you get it because it will save you a lot of time.
Abilities that you can navigate with
- Claws to climb with - as the name suggests, this ability will allow you to jump on different hard-to-reach places. In order to unlock this, you need to go to Dathomir and fight a creature called Gorgara. As you can imagine, this is not going to be a walk in the park, but it's not that hard. If you survive, go inside the cave, and you will see a dead person there. Approach him and loot his claws.
- Breathing underwater - another essential ability to have, especially when you have to do different underwater tasks. You can "get" this when you enter the Shadowlands in Kashyyk. There will be a task there to find Mari, and once you complete it, she will grant you to "power."
Droid Upgrades - more important than you might think
Even though you might think that your Droid will become useless later on, that's not the case. He will also learn new abilities while you're scaling up, which makes him a significant part of your journey. Here is what he will be able to do.
- Scomp Link - This is a very important ability that your droid definitely needs to get. However, in order to get it, you need to unlock the Force Push first, so be sure to check how to do that.
Once you're done, you will have to go to the Weathered Monument and search for the meditation zone. Keep it in mind that there will tons of stormtroopers there, so you will have to kill them before you can continue. When you're ready, use your Force push, open the door, and go inside. Here, you will have to climb on top of the big machine in order to get to the workbench. When you finally reach it, just interact with it, and you will get the scomp link.
- Security Droid - this ability can be unlocked once you free all Wookies that are located on Kashyyk. When you're done with the quest, go out and walk a bit until you see a big platform. You can use your double jump to get on top of it, and you will find a chest that contains an item, unlocking this particular skill. The Security Droid allows you to hack every single Droid when it has low HP basically.
- Overcharge - as you can tell by the name, this is definitely among the most critical upgrades to your Droid that you need. Similar to the last one, you can find this one once you go to Kashyyk and follow the main road that leads to a broken panel. When you go there, you will find a bench that you can interact with. This will grant your Droid overcharge, which will basically allow it to turn itself on and off.
- Probe Droid - a very cool skill that will allow your Droid to turn some of the mechanical enemies into your allies. In order to unlock this, you need to take the zipline in Zeffo and go to the bridge.
There are three places where you can get the double-bladed Lightsabre - Bogano, Dathomir, and Kashyyyk. The first place is probably the easiest one because the enemies there are not that strong. When you are done with the first tomb on Zeffo, you will enter a very Ancient workshop that's located in level 3 of Bogano. Go there, and you will find the upgrade.
As for Dathomir, it is definitely a place that you want to go to once you gather some levels. You can try to go there earlier (before Zeffo), but we don't advise you to do it because it's just a waste of time.
The last place where you can get this pretty cool Lightsabre upgrade is Kashyyyk. Even though it is a little bit easier than Dathomir, it is still harder than Zeffo, so we definitely advise you to check that one first. However, if you decide that Kashyyyk is your place, be ready to fight with the big boss there in order to get this upgrade.