Leroy to be nerfed in Tekken 7 version 3.20
Leroy to be nerfed in Tekken 7 version 3.20 ⚡⚡⚡ Esports news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
Leroy Smith has been a mighty big thorn in the side of Tekken 7 fans since he was released about a month ago. Those tormented by the Wing Chun master can now rest easy as the version 3.20 will finally nerf the character.
The update arrives tomorrow, January 28, and brings with it the "My Replay & Tips" feature and balance adjustments to Leroy and a couple of other characters. At EVO Japan 2020, 6 out of the top 8 Tekken 7 players used Leroy, which served only to fuel the claims that he's overpowered. The winner Nopparut "Book" Hempamorn also used Leroy to secure his victory. Judging by the new patch notes, it would appear that Bandai Namco now agrees with them.
Here are the Tekken 7 version 3.20 patch notes:
My Replay & Tips
- View replays of your past matches.
- Receive suggestions on how to improve your game.
Frame data information adjustments
- Corrected false frame data in specific situations for certain moves.
- More than half of the battle changes introduced in this patch are Leroy nerfs. They range between damage reduction to reduced frame advantage and should put a dent in this very high winrate.
- Other characters that had documented changes include Akuma, Anna, Ganryu, Geese, Josie, Lei, Leo, Shaheen, and Yoshimitsu.
You can find the full Tekken 7 version 3.20 patch notes here.