League of Legends update 9.14 patch notes
League of Legends update 9.14 patch notes ⚡⚡⚡ Esports and gaming news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
League of Legends patch 9.14 arrives halfway through the season, bringing with it a host of changes to champions and their existing abilities. The update brings counter mechanics which will provide some champions with natural counters to common and powerful effects.
With this update, Riot hopes to encourage "diversity in lane picks and push safer and more reliable champions to a more 'sharp' space." This should make Pro drafts more robust, allowing the team to spend less time on nerfs and more on buffs to champions that need them. The counters added are grouped into the following:
- Flat damage reduction
- Improvements to true sight mechanics
Except in the case of game-breaking bugs and exploits, this is the developer's last planned mechanic update for the season.
- Static Field now removes shields on enemies before dealing damage and inflicting silence.
- Ruthless Predator destroys existing shields on targets when empowered with 50 Fury before dealing damage and inflicting stun.
- Death Lotus' 40% healing reduction increased to 60%
- Bear Trap on a Rope reduces all healing on any enemy it pulls by 60% for 5 seconds.
Flat Damage Reduction Champions
- Nimble Fighter passive reduces 4 (+0.01 ability power) against all sources of damage (maximum of 50% reduction.
- Eclipse now grants 8/12/16/20/24 pre-mitigation damage reduction (maximum of 50% reduction)
- Armour reduced from 25/35/45/55/65 to 20/25/30/35/40
- Magic resist reduced from 20/30/40/50/60 to 20/25/30/35/40
- Solar Flare no longer empowers basic attacks after casting.
True Sight Champions
- Focused Resolve/Renewal now also reveals successfully rooted targets for the duration of the root.
- Ethereal Chains now also reveals successfully rooted targets for the duration of the root.
- Soul Shackles now also reveals successfully stunned targets for the duration of the root.
- Charm now cancels in-progress dashes.
- Bonus damage duration now reduced from 5 to 3 seconds.
Outside of the flexibility in mobility, Cassio is getting too much out of just a few (or one!) points in her E, so we're amping up the value at later ranks to encourage a full rank-up.
- She can now buffer her ability casts.
- Health increased from 537 to 575.
- Health growth increased from 87 to 90.
- Mana reduced from 418 to 350.
- Mana growth increased from 31.5 to 40.
- Armour reduced from 25 to 20.
- Miasma no longer has a minimum cast range.
- Miasma maximum cast range reduced from 800 to 700.
- Miasma cooldown changed from 18/17.5/17/16.5/16 seconds to 24/21/18/15/12 seconds.
- Cassiopeia heals for 75% less when she poisons minions and small monsters on Twin Fang.
- Twin Fang heals 13/16/19/22/25% of her ability power instead of 5-22 (based on level) (+0.1 ability power).
- Twin Fang now costs 50 mana at all ranks.
- When Poppy stops an enemy from dashing or casting a movement ability with Steadfast Presence, she grounds and slows them by 25% for 2 seconds.
- Movement speed duration reduced from 2.5 seconds to 2 seconds.
- Bonus movement speed increased from 30% to 35%
- Health regen growth increased from 0.75 to 1.
- Aatrox no longer earns a Revive through kills with World Ender.
- World Ender's amplified self -healing increased from 40/55/70% to 50/60/70%
- World Ender's cooldown reduced from 140/120/100 seconds to 120/100/80 seconds.
- Magic resist increased from 32.1 to 37.
- Health growth from 85 to 95.
- Five Point Strike has 0.5 ability power increased to 0.6 ability power.
- Twilight Shroud becomes invisibility and can be fully revealed by True Sight effects, rather than only her outline.
- Twilight Shroud cooldown changed from 25/22/19/16/13 seconds to 20 seconds at all ranks.
- Twilight Shroud restores 80 energy at all ranks instead of ranks 40/50/60/70/80.
- Twilight Shroud's duration will no longer extends if Akali breaks invisibility by basic attacking or using abilities.
- Shuriken Flip damage changed from 70/105/140/175/210 (+0.7 bonus attack damage) to 40/70/100/130/160 (+0.35 total attack damage).
- Shuriken Flip now has a 0.5 ability power.
- Shuriken Flip dash damage reduced from 50/80/110/140/170 (+0.7 bonus attack damage) to 40/70/100/130/160 (+0.35 total attack damage).
- Perfect Execution cooldown increased from 100/85/70 seconds to 120/110/100 seconds.
- Mana increased from 278.84 to 350
- Mana growth from 38 to 40
- Starsurge's maximum stun duration increased from 1.65/1.8/1.95/2.1/2.25 seconds after traveling for 5 seconds to 2.2/2.4/2.6/2.8/3 seconds after traveling for 5 seconds.
- Starsurge's radius increased by 33%
- Comet of Legend's maximum bonus movement speed changed from 25/30/35/40/45% to 25-45% (levels 1-18).
- Health increased from 535 to 575.
- Health Regen reduced from 7.5 to 5.5.
- Magical Journey's travel speed increased from 800 to 900.
- Ally bonus speed from Magical Journey changed from 10/20/30/40/50% to 33% at all ranks.
- Crescent Strike's inner arc speed reduced from 2100 to 1900.
- Crescent Strike's outer arc speed reduced from 2300 to 2100.
- Pale Cascade mana cost increased from 40/55/60/65/70 to 40/55/70/85/100.
- Lunar Rush no longer resets twice when a reset was timed with a new application of Moonlight.
- Mana growth from 20 to 40.
- Colossal Smash cooldown reduced from 8 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Colossal Smash damage increased from 12-80 (levels 1-18) (+1.0 total attack damage) (+0.5 ability power) (+0.4 bonus magic resist) to 15-160 (levels 1-18) (+1.0 total attack damage) (+0.5 ability power) (+0.6 bonus magic resist)
- Winds of War cooldown increased from 10/9.5/9/8.5/8 seconds to 14/13/12/11/10 seconds.
- Winds of War gust damage increased from 70/105/140/175/210 to 80/115/150/185/220.
- Winds of War mana cost reduced from 80/90/100/110/120 to 80/85/90/95/100.
- Shield of Durand prevents Galio from Flash.
- Shield of Durand is now interruptable by all the usual CC effects that interrupt channels.
- self-slow 30% to 15%
- Deadly Flourish cooldown reduced from 14 seconds to 12 seconds.
- Deadly Flourish root duration increased from 0.75/1/1.25/1.5/1.75 seconds to 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds.
- Light Binding cooldown changed from 10 seconds to 13/12/11/10/9 seconds.
- Light Binding mana cost changed from 40/45/50/55/60 mana to 50 mana at all ranks.
- Prismatic Barrier double outgoing shield becomes the same as outgoing shield (returning shield still stacks with the outgoing shield).
- Prismatic Barrier shield ratio increased from 0.2 ability power to 0.3 ability power.
- Prismatic Barrier maximum shield reduced from 150/195/240/285/330 (+0.6 ability power) to 100/130/160/190/220 (+0.6 ability power).
- Prismatic Barrier shield duration reduced from 3 seconds to 2.5 seconds.
- Final Spark no longer returns a percentage of its maximum cooldown after hitting at least one enemy champion that dies within 1.75 seconds.
- Final Spark cooldown reduced from 80/65/50 seconds to 80/60/40 seconds.
- Final Spark ratio increased from 0.75 ability power to 1.0 ability power.
- Gets a new VFX for all abilities and skins
- Malphite' size is slightly smaller at the start of the game.
- Malphite's size now increases with his armour, capping at a value around 850 armour.
- Granite Shield's regeneration VFX added.
- Seismic Shard gets improved cast animation for most skins.
- Malphite now spawns his rock ~100 units in front of him rather than at his center point
- Slow effect increased from 14/17/20/23/26% to 15/20/25/30/35%
- Slow duration reduced from 4 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Thunderclap gives Malphite's next basic attack within 6 seconds 50 increased range and deals 20/35/50/65/80 (+0.2 ability power) (+0.15 armor) bonus physical damage.
- The next 5 seconds after casting Thunderclap, Malphite's basic attacks cleave enemies in a cone in front of him, dealing 10/20/30/40/50 (+0.2 ability power) (+0.1 armor) physical damage to enemies hit.
- Thunderclap mana cost changed from 25 mana at all ranks to 30/35/40/45/50 mana.
- Darkness Rise base damage reduced from 8-25 (levels 1-18) to 5-15 (levels 1-18)
- Darkness Rise will no longer activate on Mordekaiser's corpse if it procs via Death's Grasp hitting 3 enemies after Mordekaiser dies.
- Death's Grasp's magic penetration reduced from 5/10/15/20/25% to 5/7.5/10/12.5/15%
- Swipe base damage increased from 70/130/190/250 to 80/140/200/260.
- Phantom Undertow will now stun non-champions, but deals no damage to them.
- Death From Below deals 50% reduced damage to enemies that survive Death from Below.
- When Pyke kills an enemy with Death from Below, the last assisting ally and Pyke are granted "Your Cut," instead of the last assisting ally
- When Pyke assists on a kill following Death from Below, he receives 2 "Your Cut" instead of 1 "Your Cut."
- Death from Below's icon now appears next to Pyke's health bar indixating it can be cast for free.
- Health regen increased from 7 to 8.
- Health regen growth increased from 0.55 to 0.8
- Overload will no longer cancel Ryze's movement when spammed during its cast time.
- Overload will no longer bounce back to its original target if Spell Flux is applied to it during other bounces.
- Spell Flux will now correctly activate Manaflow Band when it bounces to a champion.
- Spell Flux will no longer bounce back to the original target off of other targets that have Flux on them.
- Poison Trail's recast timer increases from 0 seconds to 0.5 seconds.
- Poison Trail's icon will be highlighted more brightly when toggled on.
- Health growth reduced from 90 to 85.
- Attack range reduced from 550 to 525.
- Ravenous Flock can no longer store up to 5 Soul Fragments in reserve, empowering Demonflare.
- Swain will permanently store Soul Fragments, increasing his maximum health by 5 per Soul Fragment.
- Collecting a Soul Fragment will restore 4/5.5/7% of Swain's mana.
- Death's Hand no longer restores 3% of Swain's maximum mana after Killing a target.
- Bolts will now always continue through minions, but stop on impact with enemy champions.
- Death's Hand cooldown increased from 7.5/6.25/5/3.75/2.5 seconds to 10/8.5/7/5.5/4 seconds.
- Death's Hand range reduces from 725 to 625.
- Death's Hands angle between bolts increase from 8 to 10.
- Demonic Ascension mana cost increases from 0 mana to 100 mana.
- Demonic Ascension's bonus health reduced from 150/275/400 to 125/200/275 (+5 per Soul Fragment).
- Demonic Ascension's minion and monster healing reduction increased from 80% to 90%
- Swain will drain all enemy units within range, including invisible units.
- Demonflare no longer requires Swain to restore 125/300/450 health to cast Demonflare and can cast it immediately.
- Demonflare damage changed from 45/60/75 (+0.21 ability power) magic damage per Soul Fragment to all nearby enemies to 75% of the health Swain has drained during Demonic Ascension in magic damage, up to a cap.
- Demonflare minimum damage is 100/150/200 (+0.5 ability power).
- Demonflare maximum damage is 200/300/400 (+1.0 ability power).
- Petricite Burst's damage reduction on minions reduced from 70% to 50%
- Chain Lash's detonation damage increases from 40/60/80/100/120 (+0.4 ability power) to 45/70/95/120/145 (+0.6 ability power).
- Abscond/Abduct will now shield Sylas against all magic damage for 2 seconds on first cast.
- Abscond/Abduct cooldown changes from 18/17/16/15/14 seconds to 14 seconds at all ranks.
- Abduct stun duration reduces from 0.5 seconds to 0.35 seconds.
- Hijack cast range reduced from 1050 to 950.
- Hijacked ultimate hold duration reduced from 120 seconds to 90 seconds.
- Hijack cooldown increased from 85/50/15 seconds to 100/80/60 seconds.
- Hijack will now have 0.4 ability power to 1.0 bonus attack damage, 0.6 ability power to 1.0 total attack damage instead of 0.5 ability power to 1.0 bonus attack damage, 0.7 ability power to 1.0 total attack damage.
- When An Acquired Taste triggers, abilities no longer deal bonus magic damage based on passive stacks.
- Abilities will no longer apply An Acquired Taste stacks.
- An Acquired Taste on-hit damage increases from 1.5% Tahn Kench's maximum health per stack to 2.5% Tahm Kench's maximum health at any number of stacks.
- Tongue Lash cooldown increases from 8/7/6/5/4 seconds to 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 seconds.
- Tongue Lash will no longer hit enemies in a wide arc in front of Tahm Kench on cast.
- Stunning an enemy with Tongue Lash consumes all An Acquired Taste stacks.
- Slow effect reduced from 50/55/60/65/70% to 30/35/40/45/50%
- Slow duration increases from 2 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Stun duration increases from 1.5 seconds to 2 seconds.
- Devoured enemies are no longer nearsighted.
- Regurgitated enemies are no longer stunned for 0.25 seconds.
- Devoured/Regurgitate damage ratio changes from 9/10/11/12/13% of target's maximum health to 11% of target's maximum health.
- Devoured/Regurgitate maximum monster damage changed from 400/450/500/550/600 to 500.
- Devour and Regurgitate can not be used on Blue Sentinel and Red Bramble back.
- Grey health changes from 80/85/90/95/100% of the damage Tahm Kench takes to 45/50/55/60/65% of the damage Tahm Kench takes on Thick Skin.
- Grey health heal changes from 20/25/30/35/40% of Grey Health to 75% of Grey Health at all ranks.
- Thick Skin cooldown changes from 6 seconds starting on cast to 3 seconds when Thick Skin's shield expires or is broken.
- Purge recast timer reduces from 1 second to 0.5 seconds.
- Bop 'n' Block shield reduced from 80-300 (levels 1-18) to 50-300 (levels 1-18).
- Yuumi will no longer restore mana when she hits an enemy with an empowered basic attack.
- Prowling Projectile's empowered damage reduces from 60/105/150/195/240/285 (+0.6 ability power) to 50/95/140/185/230/275 (+0.65 ability power).
- Prowling Projectile's mana cost increased from 60/65/70/75/80/85 mana to 75/80/85/90/95/100 mana.
- Zoomies! base heal scaling changes from +100% to +130% based on target's missing health(healing from AP ratio still scales up to +300% based on target's missing health).
- Zoomies! mana cost reduced from 60/70/80/90/100 mana to 30/40/50/60/70 mana.
Ranged Top Laners
- Attack damage reduced from 58 to 54.
- Attack damage growth increased from 3.5 to 4.25.
- Shock Blast damage changed from 70/115/160/205/250/295 (+1.0 bonus attack damage) to 55/105/155/205/255/305 (+1.2 bonus attack damage).
- Attack damage reduced from 50.544 to 48.
- Attack damage growth increased from 3.3 to 3.75.
- Attack Speed reduced from 0.69 to 0.625.
- Lightning Rush's bonus attack speed increased from 30/40/50/60/70% to 40/50/60/70/80%
- Attack damage reduced from 52 to 48.
- Attack damage growth increased from 2 to 2.5.
- Attack speed reduced from 0.645 to 0.625.
- Attack speed growth increased from 2.5% to 3%
- Inherent Glamour will no longer cause Neeko to lose her disguise when basic attacking enemy champions.
- Shapesplitter's passive bonus movement speed reduced from 20/25/30/35/40% to 10/15/20/25/30%
ARAM Balance Changes
- Corki receives -5% damage taken.
- Illaoi receives -5% damage dealt & +5% damage taken.
- Jarvan IV receives -5% damage taken.
- Kled receives -5% damage taken.
- Nami receives +5% damage taken.
- Tryndamere receives +5% damage dealt & -5% damage taken.
- Urgot receives -5% damage dealt.
- Volibear +5% damage taken.
- Akali receives +18% damage dealt & -12% damage taken.
- Alistar previous nerfs reversed.
- Jayce receives +5% damage dealt.
- Qiyana receives +12% damage dealt & -10% damage taken.
- Sylas receives +5% damage dealt.
- Syndra receives +5% damage dealt.
- Talon receives +5% damage dealt & -5% damage taken.
- Trundle has previous nerfs removed.
- Yuumi receives +5% damage dealt.
- New Death Recap is live.
- Includes damage type breakdowns, fight duration, and CC duration.
- Clicking to view additional details on damage sources.
Show [Allied] Chat
- Mute ally chats. Does not affect pre- and post-game chat.
- Qiyana's Terrashape passive will now proc correctly with Liandry's Torment.
- Galio's Justice Punch will no longer remain in the realm it was cast in when entering or exiting Mordekaiser's Realm of Death.
- Corki's Hextech Munitions' package will no longer spawn only in Mordekaiser's Realm of Death if Corki was banished there when it spawned.
- Rammus' Powerball and Lucian's The Culling will no longer be interrupted by CC effects while under the effects of Banshee's Veil, Edge of Night, or Morgana's Black Shield.
- The vision Trinket's tooltip will now properly update vision score.
Upcoming Skins & Chromas
The following skins will be available with this patch:
- Demacia Vice Garen
- Demacia Vice Lucian
The following chromas will also be available with this patch:
- Demacia Vice Garen
- Demacia Vice Lucian