Granblue Fantasy Versus tops video game sales in Japan for last week
Granblue Fantasy Versus tops video game sales in Japan for last week ⚡⚡⚡ Esports news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
Granblue Fantasy Versus launched in Japan on February 6, 2020, only to become the highest-selling video game for the week. Famitsu shared the information in its latest video game software and hardware sales report.
The new fighting game sold 86,248 copies by February 9. That's higher than Dragon Ball FighterZ's 68,000 units and even beats the combination of Tekken 7 and Soulcalibur VI launch week sales. The week before that, Ring Fit Adventure was the highest selling game with 30,111 units, followed by Pokémon Sword & Shield, Yakuza: Like a Dragon and Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot.
Here are last week's figures:
Japan software sales for February 3-9, 2020
- Granblue Fantasy Versus - 86,248
- Ring Fit Adventure - 23,149
- Pokemon Sword & Shield - 23,114 (3,402,851 overall)
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon - 10,589 (228,459 overall)
- Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Training for Nintendo Switch - 9,650 (142,181 overall)
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 9,336 (3,552,657 overall)
- Minecraft - 9,063 (1,252,623 overall)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 8,911 (2,765,403 overall)
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot - 7,860 (136,932 overall)
- Super Mario Party - 6,132 (1,336,277 overall)
Regarding hardware, the Nintendo Switch sold a total of 100,961 units across the regular model (79,352) and the Lite version (21,609). Meanwhile, Playstation 4 sold a total of 7,007 units across the original model (4,379) and the Pro (2,628).
Japan hardware sales for February 3-9, 2020
- Nintendo Switch: 79,352 (10,833,689 overall)
- Nintendo Switch Lite: 21,609 (1,291,198 overall)
- New Nintendo 2DS LL: 524 (1,697,341 overall)
- New Nintendo 3DS LL: 56 (5,886,332 overall)
- PlayStation 4: 4,379 (7,301,629 overall)
- PlayStation 4 Pro: 2,628 (1,438,161 overall)
- Xbox One X: 24 (18,915 overall)
- Xbox One S: 42 (92,812 overall)
Cygames recently announced that Granblue Fantasy Versus sold 150,000 units in Japan and Asia shortly after its release. A number that was supported by Western players that purchased the Asian version of the game due to its English voice and text options.
Past fighting games with even better releases than Granblue Fantasy Versus include Persona 4 Arena with 128,485, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U with 227,527, and the highest of them all, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with 1,220,535.
Granblue Fantasy Versus will arrive in North America on March 3, 2020, exclusively on Playstation 4.