God of War secures Game of the Year award at GDC
God of War secures Game of the Year award at GDC ⚡⚡⚡ Esports and gaming news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
God of War is an excellent video game, but what’s really important is that the title is being recognized for its excellence all over the world. The game has a long record of winning the highest awards at various events, and GDC 2019 was no different.
That’s right, God of War has secured yet another victory in the prestigious “Game of the Year” nomination, this time – at GDC. In terms of more or less huge events, this is the third time in a row in the few past months when God of War wins the biggest prize. If you recall, the game was provided with a GotY title back at D.I.C.E. Awards in February and at The Game Awards in December. And while other events were generous enough to give away a few other categories’ victories to God of War, the game won just a single nomination at GDC. This might be due to the fact that Sony Santa Monica’s latest isn’t the only great game on the market right now.
Wonderful Celeste was awarded for the best audio, Into the Breach took the victory in the “Best Design” category, while Rockstar’s Red Dead Redemption 2 went home with the “Best Technology” award. The full list of winners reads as follows:
- Best Audio – Celeste (Matt Makes Games)
- Best Debut – Mountains (Florence)
- Best Design – Into the Breach (Subset Games)
- Best Mobile Game – Florence (Mountains)
- Innovation Award – Nintendo Labo (Nintendo EPD / Nintendo)
- Best Narrative – Return of the Obra Dinn (Lucas Pope / 3909)
- Best Technology – Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar Games)
- Best Visual Art – Gris (Nomada Studio / Devolver Digital)
- Best VR/AR Game – Beat Saber (Beat Games)
- Audience Award – Beat Saber (Beat Games)
- Pioneer Award – Rieko Kodama
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Amy Hennig
- Game of the Year – God of War (Sony Santa Monica / Sony Interactive Entertainment)