Dota Underlords now available on mobile and the open beta is live
Dota Underlords now available on mobile and the open beta is live ⚡⚡⚡ Esports and gaming news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
As promised, the Dota Underlords open beta has begun. The game will however remain in Early Access for "a few months" while receiving regular feature updates.
Dota Underlords is Valve's standalone version of the Dota 2 mod, Dota Auto Chess. Dota 2 also happens to be a standalone version of a Warcraft 3 mod named Defense of the Ancients. Who knows, maybe Dota Underlords will spawn its own mod in the future.
Valve also announced just some of the features to expect in the game.
- Four new Underlords, each with their own unique gameplay features.
- Ranked matchmaking will give players the chance to rise up the ranks and become the best Underlords.
- A battle pass that will grant owners new progression, cosmetics, custom boards, and more to come.
- Rotating season during which particular heroes, items, and alliances will be rotated out and replaced with new content.
- Players will be able to create their own private lobbies and matches for tournaments. There will also be the ability to invite spectators to watch the action.
- Daily challenges, to make sure players always have something new to do each day.
- Offline play to continue the action when you're offline.
- Cosmetic items like customizable banners.
- A replay feature to share your best moments with others.