Dota 2 - Which heroes have an Arcana?
Dota 2 - Which heroes have an Arcana? ⚡⚡⚡ Esports news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
Unlike other games where the in-game items have some sort of effect, in Dota 2, they only allow your hero to look differently. In other words, all cosmetic items don't have any effect on the gameplay whatsoever, apart from some visual effects. This is one of the things that players love about this game because it's not pay-to-win, which is one of the main problems with all modern titles.
And to make sure of that, you can check out the Kyiv Dota 2 Major event, where the greatest players on the planet will determine in a fair fight who will get the champion title.
There are many cosmetic items in Dota 2 that have a different rarity. Some of them are really hard to come by, whereas others are widespread. Having said that, today will take a look at one of the rarest and also most expensive cosmetic items in Dota 2 - the Arcana. Unlike the other items, this one completely transforms the hero and his abilities, which is why every player wants to get his hands on it. However, the only way in which you can do that is to buy it from the Dota 2 store (unless you're incredibly lucky and get it from elsewhere).
Sadly, not every Dota 2 hero has an Arcana. In fact, the total amount of heroes that have an Arcana is 15, which is less than 10% of the total Dota 2 heroes. Each year, there is at least one arcana that's released, which is determined by TI compendium votes.
Let's take a look at which heroes have an Arcana and what does it do.
Heroes with Arcana
Here are all currently available Arcanas. You can buy some of them from the Dota 2 store or from the Steam Market. However, others are impossible to get even if you wanted to.
- Flockhart's Gamble (Ogre) - this is the latest arcana that was released after TI 9 came to an end. Surprisingly enough, Ogre Magi was able to win the vote.
- Planetfall (Earthshaker) - this arcana is from the TI 9 Battle Pass, which means that it can't be purchased anymore.
- The Magus Cypher (Rubick) - Rubick is one of the most popular Dota 2 heroes, which is why it's not surprising that he won the arcana vote after TI 8.
- Feast of Abscession (Pudge) - similar to Ogre and Rubick, Pudge became TI 7 arcana vote winner.
- Benevolent Companion (IO) - Similar to ES, this arcana was only obtainable via the Battle Pass. This means you can't get it anymore, even if you wanted to.
- Bladeform Legacy (Juggernaut) - as one of the most popular Dota 2 heroes, it's no surprise that Juggernaut won one of the Arcana votes.
- Great Sage's Reckoning (Monkey King) - this arcana was released with one of the biggest updates of 2016.
- Tempest Helm of the Thundergod (Zeus) - Zeus has won the arcana vote that took place in 2015.
- Frost Avalanche (Crystalmaiden) - Similar to the MK arcana, this one was released as a part of a big update.
- Manifold Paradox (Phantom Assassin) - PA's always been one of the most picked Dota 2 heroes. That's why it doesn't come as a surprise that she won the arcana vote back in 2014.
- Demon Eater (Shadow Fiend) - this is one of the coolest arcanas of all time, and probably the most popular one as well.
- Swine of the Sunken Galley Bundle (Techies) - a very underrated Arcana that has a lot of potential
- Fractal Horns of Inner Abysm (Terrorblade) - If you have a rare gem, this item can be sold for over $1000, which makes it the most expensive Arcana.
- Blades of Voth Domosh (Legion Commander) - LC's always been a huge hit in pub games, so it's no wonder Valve decided to make an arcana.
- Fiery Soul of the Slayer (Lina) - this was the first arcana ever made and it quickly became a huge hit. However, it definitely needs some refreshment, especially after all those years.