Dota 2 Items Guide - Top Six Support Items
Dota 2 Items Guide - Top Six Support Items ⚡⚡⚡ Esports and gaming news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
Dota 2 has over 150 different items to choose from, and each one of them is unique in its way. However, when it comes down to "role-specific" items, there are a couple of items that definitely stand out.
Check out the WePlay AniMajor event from June 2-13, to highlight the current meta for yourself on the example of professional games.
Apart from the items that you can purchase from the shops, the Outlanders Update also introduced a new kind of item called "Neutral Items." As the name suggests, you can only get them by killing Neutral Creeps. However, their drop chance is mostly based on RNG, which means that we won't be covering them in this article. Nevertheless, some of them are very strong, so if you are lucky enough to get one, definitely try it out.
With that said, let's take a look at some of the best supporting items you can get in Dota 2 right now.
The best support items
Before we dive in, it's essential to know that every single item in the game can potentially be a support item (with a few exceptions, of course). Unlike other MOBA games, Dota 2 is very diverse, so you can often see core players with support items and vise verse. However, for the sake of this article, we will just list the top five items that are usually purchased by every support player. Of course, items such as tangoes, wards, and smokes won't be included.
Without furder ado, here are the top five support items that are usually purchased by supports:
- Glimmer Cape - this is a relatively new item that used to be broken when it first launched, but since then, it received a couple of nerfs. Despite that, Glimmer Cape remains one of the best support items, especially when you need a cost-efficient item to save you from danger.
Although it might not seem as much, having an easy way to become invisible, as well as receiving tons of magic resistance, can come a long way. For example, this item can do wonders against heroes that often kill supports very fast, such as TA or Slark, for instance.
- Solar Crest is yet another underrated item that tens to be neglect by many players. However, if its purchase when the time is right, it can make a night-and-day difference during team fights. The Solar Crest provides insane bonuses when it's used on an ally, while also severely affect the enemy units as well. It gives 80 attack speed, eight armor, and 10% movement speed, which makes it extremely useful whenever you have a solid melee carry.
Unfortunately, Solar Crest can be pretty expensive for a support layer, which means that it can often be purchased later on in the game.
- Force Staff is an item that can be purchased by supports and core players alike. That said, it is more popular among support players because it provides an easy way to escape from danger, especially when there are certain heroes that have no lockdown.
It costs just 2250 gold, so it means that most support heroes should be able to purchase it relatively fast. Once obtained, this item allows you to basically "push" yourself towards the direction that you're facing, allowing you to either escape or chase. On top of that, this item can be used on allies as well, which makes it a very reliable support item.
- Aeon Disc is also a relatively new item that is very, very strong. Sadly, it is a bit more expensive in comparison to some other items on this list, but we can assure you that it's well worth it. Aeon Disc is the perfect tool for every support player that tens to die instantly. Although this might seem like a very dire scenario, certain heroes deal too much damage immediately, which means that the support won't be able to do anything.
However, once he purchases an Aeon Disc, it will give him a couple of extra seconds to cast some of his spells. There are many scenarios where this item can work, so definitely try it out, especially when you're having trouble surviving.
- Guardian Greeves - although many support players will never get this item because it's too expensive, Guardian Greeves can be a life-saver (literally) for the team. This item is a combination between Arcane Boots and Mechanism, which means that it restores HP and Mana on each use. In addition to that, it also acts as a self-debuff, which means that you can remove things such as silences easily.
This item was considered as a support-only item before, but nowadays, many-core heroes also tend to buy it a lot because it's just too good. Unfortunately, it costs nearly 5000 gold, which means that it's pretty hard for most support players actually to purchase it.
- Vladimir's Offering is an exciting item that might surprise some readers. Even though it was widely considered as a core-only item, many support players tend to purchase it nowadays because it is very beneficial for their team. On top of that, when the support hero buys this item, it means that the cores won't be wasting one slot on it, which results in more overall damage because they can purchase something stronger instead.
As we mentioned earlier, every single item in Dota 2 can potentially be used as a support item, depending on the situation. That's why you need to always adapt to the specific game so that you can make the most out of it. Even though it might seem hard, that's why Dota 2 is loved by many fans from all over the world.