Tonight Valve has announced a new 6.82 patch for Dota 2.
Tonight Valve has announced a new 6.82 patch for Dota 2. There are some important changes within the frames of the update, which surely affect the gameplay!
Roshan’s location was reworked. Location of Aegis’ owner was moved to the place of Dire’s spawn. The entrance is on the balcony, where the wards controlling the bottom rune were located before.
Global cosmetic pack touches Shadow Fiend. There is already a video from the test server visualizing his Ultimate.
New rune “Bounty” is a powerup imbuing earnings of the hero (gold and experience). Additionally, runes will spawn two at a time. One of the runes will always be a Bounty Rune that automatically increases the number of purchased bottles, and thus reduces the frequency of going to the fountain. Now the heroes with the good escape skills will have more chances for healing thanks to rune-bottle bunch.
The new item Crimson Guard will be formed from Vanguard and Buckler. Probably this will change the strategy of heroes who used Vanguard as one of the main artifacts.
Phantom Lancer and Bloodseeker skills were significantly reworked.
System of getting experience for finishing the opponents’ creeps off has been changed.
- Fountain area is now at a higher elevation level; fountain vision increased from 1400 to 1800, its attack range — from 1100 to 1200, and its True Sight — from 900 to 1200.
- Map is reworked in some places: terrain surrounding the Roshan area, bottom Dire lane, area below the Top Radiant Tier 1 Tower, area to the left of the bottom Dire Tier 2 Tower.
- Added an alternate path to the bottom lane Side Shop (Radiant), as well as an alternate path to the right of the bottom Dire Tier 1 Tower.
- Added new ward spots (near the bottom Dire Tier 2 Tower, the top Radiant Tier 2 Tower, between Roshan and the Dire bottom lane).
- Places of creeps spawning (Bottom Lane Dire creeps, and Top Lane Radiant creeps) were slightly changed.
- Added a Bounty Rune: gives 50 experience and 50 gold, also + 5 experience and gold per minute. It can be placed into the bottle.
- The principle of runes spawning has changed. Two runes now spawn every two minutes. One of them will always be a Bounty Rune. Runes are replaced every two minutes if they are not picked up.
- Denied creeps now give 50% experience and depends on a wave, instead of a constant 36 per unit.
- First Blood bonus gold decreased from 200 to 150.
- Reworked the bonus area of effect XP, Gold and Streak ending.
- Glyph of Fortification cooldown is now refreshed whenever you lose a Tier 1 tower.
- Tier 2 Tower's armor increased from 20 to 25.
- Tower bounty gold for destroying Tier 1/2/3/4 reduced from 264/312/358/405 to 160/200/240/280 (denied is 50%).
- In Captain's Mode, the 3rd ban phase order is swapped.
- Reworked how All Pick works in Ranked Matchmaking: picking starts after a 35 second strategy period. Teams alternate picking, and have up to 30 seconds to pick a hero. If the timer expires, each player that hasn't selected a hero will lose 2 gold per second. If a team has not picked for more than 30 seconds, a player that hasn’t picked will be assigned a random hero and the turn will resume to the other team.
- Aegis duration decreased from 6 minutes to 5.
- Roshan's Slam area of effect increased from 250 to 350, and its increases by 20 every 4 minutes.
- Fixed some rare edge cases with pathing malfunctioning.
- The following abilities can now be cast on Spell Immune allies: Ice Armor, Surge, Alacrity, Nature's Guise, Chakra Magic, Recall and Mist Coil.
- The following buffs are now properly dispellable: Chilling Touch, Thunderstrike, Inner Vitality, Alacrity, Chaos Meteor, Shadow Word, Liquid Fire, Shadow Strike, Warcry, Concussive Shot, Overpower, Mana Leak, Curse of the Silent, Press The Attack, Poison Touch, Flame Guard, Whirling Death, Viper's Poison Attack, Sticky Napalm, DK's Frost Breath, Whirling Axes, Walrus Punch's slow.
- Dark Pact/Kraken Shell/Aphotic Shield/Press The Attack/Time Lapse no longer have a special condition for purging the following otherwise unpurgeable spells: Poison Nova, Heaven's Halberd, Ensnare, Eye of Skadi slow.
- Centaur Conqueror's Swiftness Aura has been moved to Hellbear Smasher, and at the same time the Attack Time of the last one increased from 1.35 to 1.55
- Hellbear Attack Time increased from 1.35 to 1.5.
- Centaur Conqueror Attack Time reduced from 1.65 to 1.5.
- Centaur Courser Attack Time reduced from 1.35 to 1.3.
- Dark Troll Summoner's Ensnare duration increased from 1.5 to 1.75.
- Satyr Banisher HP increased from 240 to 300, his movement speed increased from 300 to 330, Purge cast range increased from 200 to 350, attack range reduced from 600 to 300, Attack Time improved from 1.8 to 1.7.
- Wildwing Ripper's Toughness Aura now works on Siege units.
Armlet of Mordiggian:
- Recipe cost reduced from 700 to 600.
- Assault Aura no longer displays its debuff on the enemy if the carrier is not visible.
Black King Bar:
- Avatar spell immunity duration and cooldown are now tied to the hero, instead of the item (buying a new BKB will not reset Avatar’s duration).
- Minimum immunity duration increased from 4 to 5.
- Gold cost increased from 2150 to 2250.
- Now requires Soul Ring (instead of Perseverance) and a 800 gold recipe (in general the cost of the item became cheaper for 150 gold).
- No longer grants +10 damage (other bonuses stay the same)
- Gold cost increased from 650 to 700.
Boots of Travel:
- Teleport cooldown reduced from 60 to 50.
- Butterfly now has an active ability, Flutter, which can be cast to trade Butterfly's evasion for a 20% movement speed bonus for 8 seconds. Evasion is lost during the 8 seconds you have the movement speed bonus. 35 second cooldown.
- Cloak, Hood and Pipe magic resistances now stack like all other normal magic resistance do.
- New Item that is formed from Vanguard and Buckler.
- Intelligence bonus per level increased from 13/15/17/19/21 to 13/16/19/22/25.
- Energy Burst mana cost increased from 180/160/140/120/100 to 180.
- Recipe cost reduced from 850 to 700.
- Agility bonus rebalanced from 25/30 to 20/35.
- Feedback rebalanced from 20/36 to a constant 25.
- Ether Blast now has a projectile (projectile moves at 1100 speed).
- Ether Blast now only turns the caster ethereal if they target themself.
Eye of Skadi:
- Frost Attack attack speed slow increased from 35 to 45.
- Base movement speed increased from 350 to 430.
- Flying Courier now takes 50% extra damage from melee heroes.
- Flying Courier Speed Burst cooldown increased from 40 to 90, its duration reduced from 20 to 4, and speed increased from 522 to 650.
Helm of the Dominator:
- Now provides +3 HP regeneration.
- Dominated units now have 250 bonus HP.
Hood of Defiance:
- HP regeneration increased from 8 to 9.
- Linken's Sphere only blocks Wrath of Nature's initial bounce, not subsequent bounces.
- Linken's Sphere only blocks Lightning Storm's initial bounce, not subsequent bounces.
- Nether Ward no longer triggers Linken's Sphere.
- Lightning Bolt now triggers Linken's Sphere when targeted at the ground.
- Maelstrom and Mjollnir no longer trigger Linken's Sphere.
- Recipe cost increased from 600 to 700.
- Mirror Image vision type changed from Unobstructed/Flying to Ground.
- Recipe cost reduced from 900 to 800.
Mask of Madness:
- Recipe cost reduced from 1000 to 900.
- Restore mana cost increased from 150 to 225.
Pipe of Insight:
- HP regeneration increased from 8 to 9.
- Reset Cooldowns cooldown increased from 160 to 185.
Ring of Protection:
- Armor increased from 2 to 3.
- Gold cost increased from 175 to 200.
- True Sight area of effect increased from 800 to 850.
- Shadow Walk invisibility break damage increased from 150 to 175.
- Freezing Aura no longer displays its debuff on the enemy if the carrier is not visible.
Town Portal Scroll:
- Gold cost reduced from 135 to 100.
Damage Type Changes
A few abilities and damage type mechanics have been reworked. There are now three primary damage types and a Spell Immunity Piercing status with each. Each ability now carries a notation in the tooltip indicating these.
The three damage types are Physical, Magical and Pure.
Physical is affected by Physical Armor, Magical is affected by Magical Damage Resistance and Pure is affected by neither.
Magic Immunity has now been renamed to Spell Immunity. Spell Immunity only defines if Spells interact with it, not how damage itself is handled. This means that on its own Spell Immunity status does not reduce any damage.
Black King Bar, Repel, Rage and all other previous forms of "Magic Immunity" now grant Spell Immunity status and a 100% Magic Resistance bonus.
In the vast majority of cases, the interactions are still the same, however an example of a case that would be different is if an ability has both Spell Immunity exception and has Pure damage type. Previously the damage would not have any impact, however now it does.
Ability Tooltips now have these fields:
-Damage Type: Physical/Magical/Pure.
-Pierces Spell Immunity: Yes/No.
Considering the mentioned changes, and with the purpose to save the balance, some abilities of heroes were reworked.
- Acid Spray damage type changed from Composite to Physical (still pierces Spell Immunity).
- Acid Spray damage reduced from 14/20/26/32 to 12/16/20/24.
- Nightmare damage changed from HP Removal to Pure.
- Wild Axes damage type changed from Composite to Physical (still pierces Spell Immunity).
- Wild Axes damage reduced from 90/120/150/180 to 70/100/130/160.
- Primal Split Earth Spirit's Pulverize damage type changed from Magical that pierces Spell Immunity to Magical (No longer pierces Spell Immunity).
- Doom damage type changed from Magical to Pure that still pierces Spell Immunity.
- Doom damage reduced from 30/50/70 to 20/35/50 (Aghanim's Scepter from 50/80/110 to 40/60/80).
- Echo Slam initial attack is now the same Magic damage type as the rest of its damage (initial damage no longer pierces Spell Immunity).
- Midnight Pulse damage type changed from Magical that Pierces Spell Immunity to Pure that Pierces Spell Immunity.
- Midnight Pulse damage reduced from 4/5/6/7% to 3/3.75/4.5/5.25%
- Diabolic Edict damage type changed from Composite to Physical (still pierces Spell Immunity).
- Diabolic Edict damage reduced from 12.5/25/37.5/50 to 9/18/27/36.
- Diabolic Edict now deals 40% more damage to towers.
- Laguna Blade Aghanim's Scepter damage type changed from Magical that Pierces Spell Immunity to Pure that Pierces Spell Immunity.
- Laguna Blade Aghanim's Scepter no longer increases damage, only the damage type is changed (overall, this is the same damage against 25% Magic Resistance).
- Spirit Bear death now deals 10% max health as Pure damage instead of 100/200/300/400 composite damage.
- Heartstopper Aura now has negative regeneration instead of HP Removal (you will still get credit for kills with it).
- Land Mines damage type changed from Composite to Physical (still pierces Spell Immunity).
- Land Mines damage reduced from 300/400/500/600 to 225/300/375/450.
- Suicide Squad, Attack! damage type changed from Composite to Physical (still pierces Spell Immunity).
- Suicide Squad, Attack! damage reduced from 650/850/1150/1550 (350/400/450/500 partial) to 500/650/850/1150 (260/300/340/380 partial).
- March of the Machines damage type changed from Magical that pierces Spell Immunity to Magical that does not pierce Spell Immunity.
- Wave of Terror damage type changed from HP Removal to Pure that Pierces Spell Immunity.
- Fatal Bonds now shares the same damage type that is dealt into it, before it is reduced. It previously took the damage that was dealt after all reductions and re-dealt it as HP Removal. It now immediately redistributes the damage with the same original source type before any reductions.
- Fatal Bonds damage percentage increased from 20% to 25%.
- Flaming Fists damage type changed from Magical that pierces Spell Immunity to Magical that no longer pierces Spell Immunity.
- Last Will damage type changed from Pure to Magical (Still does not pierce Spell Immunity).
- Last Will damage increased from 400/500/600 to 550/675/800.
Urn of Shadows:
- Changed from HP Removal to Pure.
1. Composite Damage: This damage type has been removed.
2. HP Removal: This is no longer considered a Damage Type, and its remaining uses are as an alternative cost to Mana for spells to use (Sunray, Burning Spears) or as functional HP modifications (Armlet, Sunder, etc). These are now considered usage costs in the game and are never lethal.
There are some changes in API, new bot types, and updating of user interface:
- When the courier receives a deliver order it will now morph into the courier of the player that requested delivery (optionally)
- Wet Worth Graph now includes consumable items
- Alt-Click the clock to print the current game time
- Alt-Click on a bottle with a stored rune will print out the rune name
- Alt-Click enemy hero abilities to warn your teammates
- Alt-Click the quick buy to say much gold is needed to complete the item
- New Chat Wheel Options
- Fixed the item select dialog in the loadout not closing if you clicked shuffle
- Fixed not being able to remove gems from a ward or hud skin with an Artificer's Hammer
- Fixed the Showcase Hero in the profile not using the correct Kinetic Gem animation
- Snowball and X Marks the Spot now respect the disable help setting.
News, longreads, memes – the best from esports world is right in your inbox
Tournament PlatformKnow more
News, longreads, memes – the best from esports world is right in your inbox