Destiny 2: power leveling - how to level up fast
Destiny 2: power leveling - how to level up fast ⚡⚡⚡ Esports and gaming news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
Similar to its predecessor, Destiny 2 is a first-person shooter that also incorporates various role-playing and massively multiplayer online elements, making the game unique in many ways. One of it's biggest pluses is that it features a very optimal way of matchmaking called Guided Games. This basically allows different clans to look for players when they need to do something specific such as raids or other types of things. Apart from that, the activities here are divided into two very big categories - player versus environment and player versus player.
Needless to say, you need to be at a certain level in order to have a good time in any of the modes. That's where this power leveling guide comes to play. Currently, the power leveling method in Destiny 2 is kind of strange and it definitely takes some time to get used to. However, once you get the hang of it, it will be just like a walk in the park.
Let's take a look at how to level up fast in Destiny 2 Forsaken so you can save up some time and prepare for the big battles.
Leveling up to level 20
This is definitely one of the hardest and the longest roads ahead of you in the game. Apart from having to do countless missions and quests, there will also be a lot of things that will want to kill you while you are doing these missions. Here are a couple of things you need to know which come in handy.
- The first one is to realize when to actually run through the mission and when to do everything that needs to be done. When you think about this, there have been many cases where you can complete the mission without having to kill any enemies at all. In fact, you can simply just bypass them and, assuming you have enough HP, you will be able to soak up the damage and do the objective. This is a very similar approach to some quests in World of Warcraft.
Of course, this has its downsides because you will not able to experience the entire campaign. But hey, if you prioritize speed over experience, this is one of the ways of doing it
- Remember to make up for the experience which you lose by running through the missions. There are several ways in which you can do that, for example, you can do Lost Sectors, Quests, Public events and more. Even if you are not into those kinds of stuff, you have to do them. Otherwise, you will be unable to complete certain missions because they will require you to be a specific level before starting them.
- When you are done with all the campaign tasks, be sure to talk to Zavala which is actually a part of your questline. As soon as you meet hin, he will offer you a gift which you need to accept because it will raise your level cap. Congratulations, you are now level twenty!
How to get gear once you pass level twenty
When you are done with all that we mentioned above, it is time to look at your Power level. Usually, when you finish the campaign for the first time, you will be at around 150 Power level. This means that you must do various Strikes or Public events in order to increase it. The more you do, the quicker you will be able to increase your Power level. Of course, it will get very hard in the end and you might find yourself spending an entire day just geting a little extra out of it.
Here are also a couple of things you should avoid doing,
- Do not switch your planetary tokens to the planetary vendors because you will miss out on a lot. I know that it is tempting but nevertheless, just save them up for later.
- Do not change your legendary mods into blue gear. Again, this is tempting because you will have a somewhat easier time early on. However, it is not worth at all in the long run, so it's a better idea to just save them.
- Before you reach level 265, be sure not to turn in your Milestones because you will again miss out more if you do it.
- Last, but not least, don't bother starting the big quest called "Blue Crown" which will show up on the map. It is just kind of tricky to pull off at this point in time.
The goal here is to think about the greater good. Needless to say, the end result will make all the sacrifices well worth it.
Power level 265 - how to
While you are on the quest if improving your Power level, you will be able to get the Rare gear. It can be obtained from pretty much any major activity such as public events, strikes and more.
The Lost Sectors are probably the best ways to get your hands on the Rare gear quickly. The developers have also noticed this and after you do a couple of them in a row, the game pretty much stops giving you loot, which is pretty sad. So, be sure to do around three in a row followed by a brief break and then continue again.
One of the hardest tasks will be to get from 150 to 265 Power level. However, this is also the best time to finish your Milestones because they offer you Rare or Legendary gear, which will help you a lot in your quest to improving your Power Level. The Milestones are usually very easy to do and won't suck up too much time.
When you complete a lower Milestone it will unlock a higher tier reward. So, once you are done with everything, you will be able to play the Nightfall and other new activities which will be unlocked. Hence, when you think about it, you are essentially doing yourself a favor because you will have to complete those things anyway. It's just a better idea to do it now because they will also help you with your gearing process.
As soon as you are done with the lower Milestones, you need to start thinking about turning in your Reputation tokens. If you saved them up before, you should have a decent amount of them right now so just turn them in and you should be in between Power level 240 and 265.
Also, if you happen to have Legendary mods, it is a good idea to start stacking them on to your weapons and armor. The plan here is to basically have better and stronger gear, so just use every Legendary piece that you find.
However, if you are still not close to Power level 265, don't give up! Sometimes it might take a little bit more, so just keep on grinding and you will be able to reach your goal in the end. Again, the Public events might be one of the best choices here, so feel free to just farm one of them instead of roaming around looking for the next thing to do.
After level 265
Like we mentioned above, getting to 265 is definitely one of the hardest things to do in Destiny 2. However, once you pass this, it becomes a whole lot easier.
For instance, all your loot will become Legendary, so be sure that all of your gear has a Legendary mod on it. Still, it is possible that you will run out of them. This means that you need to head over to the Cayde-6 located on the tower and buy some of his maps there. After that, you will be able to see the spade icons across the planet, allowing you to just go there and get some free Legendary gear.
When you finally have all that you need, be sure to start doing the Nightfall, the Crucible and other Heroic Public Events which are awesome to do. It is highly advisable you try to find a clan because, apart from doing raids, you will also be able to contribute the so-called Clan XP points which translate in better gear.
It is very important to remember that once you finish your Milestones, you will no longer be able to get a boost to your Power level for that week. That's why it is a good idea sometimes to wait for the weekly reset and do this again in order to get the maximum out of them.