Dark Souls 3: Mimic Chest Locations
Dark Souls 3: Mimic Chest Locations ⚡⚡⚡ Esports and gaming news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
There are a lot of enemies in Dark Souls 3 who will be more than happy seeing you dead. Having said that, the Mimics are one of the most unique monsters in the game. In fact, they basically look exactly like regular chests. However, if you try to open them, they will try to eat you alive and even if they can't, they will do a lot of damage on the way as well.
Of course, this risk does not come unpaid. If you manage to kill them, you will be able to get good items, including the legendary Symbol of Avarice. However, this is definitely easier said than done, especially when the Mimics never actually respawn. Let's take a look at their locations.
- The first place to look for Mimics is min the High Wall of Lothric. Once you go there, search under the tower with the fire-breathing dragon on top of it. Go left from the bonfire and follow a path which will lead you to some stars. As soon as you get there, just follow the stairs until you reach the lower floor and the mimic will be there. The reward for killing it here is a Deep Battle Axe.
- The second place is in the Cathedral of The Deep. In order to get to the mimic, take the elevator to the hall with the giant and then go to the other side. Of course, the giant will try to kill you, which means that you need to be quick and dodge to attacks because kill him is not really a viable option. Once you escape, go down the stairs and you will see the mimic near an altar. Unlike the previous one, the reward here is a Deep Braille Divine Tome.
- You can also find a Mimic in the Irithyll of The Boreal Valley. In order to get there, you need to go to the courtyard with the dead giants. Once there, climb up the stairs until you enter the cathedral. There, you will see a room and the mimic will be there. The reward here is a Golden Ritual Spear.
- The forth mimic can be found in the Catacombs of Carthus. Once you go there, you need to destroy the hanging bridge in the Catacombs and use it a sort of a ladder. This is definitely easier said than done, so you might have to do it a couple of times before you actually get the hang of it. However, once you do and actually climb on it, enter the first room you see but be careful because it will be home to a giant fiery demon.
The mimic chest itself will be on the ledge above him. If you manage to defeat it, you`ll earn a Black Blade.
- The next mimic is located in the Irithyll Dungeon. In order to get there, you need to spawn at the Profane Capital bonfire and look out for a church. However, be careful because it will be surrounded by a poisonous lake. Once you find it, climb on the top of it and then jump through the window on the dome. As soon as you get there, start looking around because the mimic will be there. If you manage to win the fight, you will get a Court Sorcerer's Staff.
- Similar to the one above, the next five mimics are also located at the same place - The Irithyll Dungeon. The first two mimic chests can be found right before the fight with Yhorm the Giant. If you want to find the chests, head right when you are in front of his door and you will be able to see a bunch of enemies in white robes. If you win, you will earn a Greathsield of Glory as well as a Rusted Coin.
- The next mimic in the Irthyll Dungeon is located near the sleeping giant. However, this location is a little bit more tricky because you need to actually climb on top of him. Needless to say, you need to be careful because every wrong step will be your last one. Once you get on the top, look for a sewer grate which leads to a tunnel. Follow it and at the very end, you'll see two chests. However, only the left one is the mimic. The reward here is a Dark Clutch Ring.
- This next mimic is the most important one because it drops one of the coolest prices - the Estus Shard. Similar to the rest, it is also located in the Irtithyll Dungeon. Once you are there, go inside and turn right and walk all the way until you see a window. Jump down from it and head north and just a couple of seconds later, the chest will be standing on your right.
- Again located in the Irithyll Dungeon is the next chest. In fact, it is located near the sleeping giant but this time, you need to go all the way down to the level where his feet are. Once you are there, look around for a set of stairs and follow them until you see the chest standing on the other side of the room. If you manage to kill it, you will be rewarded with the Dragonslayer Lightning Arrow.
- The last mimic in the Irithyll Dungeon is located near the Profaned Capital. Once you are there, just look around near the entrance and the chest will be there. Having said that, the reward here is a double Titanite Scale, which is pretty awesome.