Cyberpunk 2077 developer: "Hardcore mode turns off the UI"
Cyberpunk 2077 developer: "Hardcore mode turns off the UI" ⚡⚡⚡ Esports and gaming news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
wccftech.com interviewed Cyberpunk 2077 UI coordinator, Alvin Liu. It's huge, head-on via the link to read it, but we've made a brief review.
We present the most important points of this interview, and there are still a lot of them.
- It was important for them to choose the right celebrity (Keanu Reeves). It could not be someone from a romantic comedy or something like that.
- Alvin himself was surprised when he learned about Keanu's participation in the game.
- Different gangs in Night City have different attitudes towards digital immortality. For example, Voodoo Boys are obsessed with this very idea. And the Maelstrom gang tends to become "perfect people." There will be several views on transhumanism.
- There will be romantic relationships. No spoilers, but CP2077 will have very strong characters. There will be several NPCs with whom we will be able to have serious relationships. In addition, there will be an opportunity to "exchange money for sex", as in the real world.
- There are no centralized military forces in 2077, only private companies. For example, the American Militech and the Japanese Arosaka, which created the atomic bomb and harbors many secrets. Orbital Air is engaged in air technology, and so on.
- For some reason, the Nomadic faction is based outside the city limits. But you, of course, can come.
- There will be no invisible walls. The city and its surroundings are available for exploring immediately.
- You can go anywhere and the only limits are your opponents' levels. As in The Witcher 3, you can collect enough money for a ticket to Skellige, but enemies will tear you apart.
- They are still working on a system of crimes and punishments. Now there are gangs and corporations loyalty rating. It is clear that people will be kinder to you if you do not kill anyone on the street.
- Authority system is still affected by the setting. This is a city, not a rural wilderness, where you can kill someone, and no one will punish you.
- It also works backwards: if somebody wants to kill you on the streets of the city, and you have the Trauma Team insurance, these guys will save you and take you to a medical facility.
- Night City is a very polluted city, so sometimes there appear acid rains. A lot of attention was paid to researching such things as global warming and environmental pollution.
- There will be several difficulty settings. The most fun will be Hardcore mode: no user interface. At the same time, they want the game to be easy even for those who have no experience with shooters. There is a weapon that facilitates or abolishes aiming. Remember last year's demo? It showed a smart gun with auto-aiming. Bullets are slower and weaker than usual, but they know how to reach the target.
- The first-person view helps to make more dynamic and exciting dialogues, although, the cut scenes show your character from the side.
- You can see your character in the reflections (wow!)
- Cyberpunk 2077 supports real-time ray tracing. It looks at night with neon reflections best of all.
- RED Engine allows you to produce amazing graphics on low-cost PCs and on consoles. Of course, with a $2000 PC, everything will look better.