CS:GO Practice Config & Commands
CS:GO Practice Config & Commands ⚡⚡⚡ Esports and gaming news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is one of the most popular shooters of all time. Apart from having a wide variety of weapons to choose from, the game has many maps for you to try out.
CS: GO is a very competitive-based game that also happens to be one of the biggest esports right now. This means only one thing - in order to have any chance of getting high ranks, you need to learn how to play it properly. Needless to say, there is a lot more than just knowing the in and outs of the maps. You need yo learn how to use grenades, position, spray properly and more.
Having said that, a really good method of doing this is by practicing in a local server. By doing this, you will eliminate the risk of losing ranks, as well as ruining the game for the other players. Let's take a look at some of the best console commands which you can use while practicing in CS: GO.
Useful Practice Console Commands
- sv_cheats 1 - this allows you to use cheats in your own server (you can't do this in public servers)
- bot_kick - as the name suggests, kicks all bots from the game
- bot_stop 1 - makes the bots immobilized. This is pretty cool whenever you want to learn how to spray, for example,
- bot_place - another cool command which allows you to move the bots to your liking. Again, you can combine this with spraying or grenade throwing
- mp_roundtime_defuse 60 - makes the round-time last for sixty minutes
- mp_limitteams - a must if you want to play versus more enemies. This command removes the annoying balance-check which can ruin the fun
- mp_freezetime 0 - sets the freeze time to 0
- mp_buytime 9999 and mb_buy_anywhere 1 - these two commands always go hand to hand. It is definitely advisable to include them because they will make your life a lot easier.
- mp_maxmoney 60000 and mp_startmoney 60000 - another common "couple", allowing you to have $60k starting money, which eliminated the need for "farming" cash.
- sv_infinite_ammo 2 - it makes you have endless ammo. Unfortunately, you still need to reload. Having said that, if you put it to 1, you won't have to do this.
- ammo_grenade_limit_total 5, sv_grenade_trajectory 1 and sv_grenade trajectory_time 15 - these three commands are very good, especially if you like to learn how to use the grenades properly. They allow you to carry more grenades and see the trajectory in-game.
- sv_showimpacts 1, sv_showimpacts_time 10 - similar to those above, however, they are related to your bullets. By using them, you will be able to see the bullet impact for a certain period of time. If 10 seconds is not enough, just change this value to whatever you see fit.
- sv_showimpacts_penetration - this command is probably one of the most important ones that you can use. It will allow you to see a lot of information such as the travel distance of your bullets, the different substances that you are shooting too and the applied damage. So, next time you join a ranked game and start spraying with your AK-47 through long's doors, you will know how much damage you can potentially do to your enemies.
How to test all this?
If you are new to CS: GO, starting a local server on your own can be a little bit tricky. Fear not, we got your back!
All you need to do is open your console and type the following "map + name of it", for example, map: de_nuke. This will automatically start a local server against bots where you an try all the commands mentioned above. Just remember, don't give up, even if you are not good at the beginning. There is nothing like killing someone with a headshot in a righ-ranked competitive game.