CS:GO February 24 patch targets AWP movement and customization
CS:GO February 24 patch notes ⚡⚡⚡ Esports news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
A new patch has gone live on February 24, 2020, for CS:GO. The patch adds some new customization options for Operators and crosshairs that we cover more in-depth here. It also offers fixes to maps and certain gameplay glitches.
The crouching acceleration after taking a shot with the AWP has been patched with this update. This is a huge change for main AWPers in their movement and tendencies to play around the speed glitch. This will force AWPers to be a bit more cautious when taking quick shots and trying to get behind cover before getting one-tapped. The patch also increases the FPS limit to 400 in an attempt to offer more support to higher refresh rate monitors.
Breach and Studio aren't maps in the competitive pool, but nevertheless do see play in casual game modes. There is a number of fixes deployed in this patch that help improve the playability of the maps for everyone involved.
Here are the full patch notes:
- Introducing patches – new customization items which can be applied to any agents you own. Once applied, patches can be removed but not recovered.
- Added support for shuffling equipped agents in their loadout slots.
- Added equipped agent to buy menu.
- Moved display of item purchasability to the buy wheel.
- Bringing up the buy menu will now center the mouse pointer to the middle of the buy wheel.
- Added localization support for position of the currency symbol for in-game prices.
- Added support for editing and previewing crosshair in the game options.
- Added support for sharing and importing crosshair sharing codes.
- Fixed a bomb stuck spot in mid
- Fixed long A Wingman clip not working
- Added additional clipping to mid staircase
- Minor visual fixes
- Prevented guns from clipping through the door near A site window.
- Clipped the sign on A-long, preventing players (and the bomb) from reaching the top of it.
- Improved clipping in several areas.
- Improved clipping and geometry around A site.
- Removed upper window unplayable area above B site.
- Fixed players not taking damage from bomb detonation.
- Improved clipping across the map.
- Fixed bomb-stuck spots.
- Fixed an issue with players boosting out of the map.
- Improved visuals of CT / T Streets
- Added bomb target decals to each site.
- AWP crouching movement acceleration is now constant and will not spike after firing a shot.
- Increased competitive max fps limit to 400 to support higher refresh rate monitors.
- Fixed a transform matrix bug when navblocker was instanced via rotated point templates.
- Fixed an underwater rendering crash on OSX.