Champion Mastery Levels 6 and 7 live now!
Champion Mastery Levels 6 and 7 live now! ⚡⚡⚡ Esports and gaming news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
In a recent update Riot Games decided to introduce new champion mastery levels which previously were limited to level 5. Well, it's time to show off your newly obtained skill with CM Levels 6 and 7!
Show off your skill with your favorite champs along with your dedication to them with new Champion Mastery Levels 6 and 7. When we launched Champion Mastery, our goal was to recognize you for playing the champs you love, and give you feedback on how well you play them. The new levels go further, requiring high-skill performances in addition to time spent playing.
As you rank up, you’ll unlock champ mastery rewards:
- New mastery badge emotes
- New loading screen border flags
- Announcement banner upgrade
But first, here’s how you hit the new levels using the Hextech Crafting system:
- Champion Mastery Level 6
- Reach Mastery Level 5 on a champ
- Earn an S- or higher with that champion, unlocking a Mastery token for that champion
- Combine 2 Mastery tokens with a champ shard of the same champ, OR the champ permanent of the same champ, OR 500 blue essence, to unlock Level 6
- Champion Mastery Level 7
- Reach Mastery Level 6 on a champ
- You can no longer earn Mastery 6 tokens for that champ with S- grades, but...
- Earn an S or higher in a champ mastery-enabled queue with that champ, unlocking a new Mastery token for that specific champ
- Combine 3 Mastery tokens with a champ shard of the same champ, OR the champ permanent of the same champ, OR 600 blue essence, to unlock Level 7
We’re emphasizing a performance requirement alongside a dedication component (the time needed to unlock free chests or earn IP for the champ shards or permanent loot) to build on the original system’s blend of skill and participation.
Because loot has some RNG elements to finding champ shards and permanents, we’re working on a way to pick up only champ shards for IP or RP. We’re aiming to have it up within the next patch or two. We’ll continue to tweak and update loot and Mastery, and we’re still looking for your feedback--especially about the new additions to champ mastery. Leave us your comments and questions below, and we’ll see you on the Rift!