BlizzCon 2019 dates and other details announced
BlizzCon 2019 dates and other details announced ⚡⚡⚡ Esports and gaming news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
Blizzard Entertainment announced the dates for BlizzCon 2019 and teased the celebration of WarCraft 25th anniversary.
I remember having the time of my life watching the 20th anniversary of StarCraft community stream hosted in Day’s apartment and sincerely hope that the WarCraft celebration will be as good. Unfortunately, the fans are very pessimistic about this BlizzCon and don’t trust Blizzard to deliver excellent new titles.
Things that happened over the last year that made Blizzard one of the most hated or ridiculed game companies:
- Mike Morhaime (known as a passionate gamer) stepped down as the Blizzard CEO, replaced by Bobby Kotick (known as a business person)
- Diablo: Immortal was announced, which showed how disconnected the modern Blizzard is from the players.
- Blizzard pulled the plug on Heroes of the Storm Global Championship, effectively making hundreds of people and players unemployed overnight.
- Activision laid off hundreds of employees, most of them from Blizzard. Meanwhile, Bobby Kotick earns almost $28 million early.
- Ok gesture banned.
- The WoW predatory policy finally caught up with Blizzard.
And that’s only what I could remember off the top of my head. Many fans will want to show Bobby Kotick
the finger the OK hand when he takes the stage.
It will take a lot of effort from Blizzard to prove it has changed and really thinks about its clients.