16 new units found in Dota Underlords datamine
16 new units found in Dota Underlords datamine ⚡⚡⚡ Esports and gaming news, analytics, reviews on WePlay! The latest news on WePlay!
Thanks to Valve News Network's Tyler McVicker's datamining efforts, new Dota Underlords leaks have emerged, some which could be arriving soon and others that look far from completion. With the release of the Proto-Battle Pass in the game's last update, the possibility of finding new things in the game file proved too much of an allure for McVicker to fight.
His exploration of the game's files led him to many things that we know are coming and a few others we haven't been told of. Among those that we've been expecting, some are further ahead in development than others but it doesn't take anything from the excitement of knowing.
McVicker predicts that many of these features and items will be released within three weeks, but this speculation relies strongly on Valve's weekly release schedule. Here are his major findings,
- Materials, sound files and models for 16 units, each at varying levels of completion.
- The unit names are Chen, Clinkz, Dark Seer, Dazzle, Earthshaker, Pangolier, Riki, Rubick Arcana, Spectre, Storm Spirit, Sven, Undying, Vengeful Spirit, Weaver and Zeus.
- 100's of strings indicate an in-game recording function that will produce images and videos from gameplay which can then be exported.
- Turbo mode which is probably a feature that allows faster matches. A Twitch streamer named gaben_007 has been playing an Underlords build that has unreleased features. One of them is a WTF mode which has faster matches and a higher number of units than what is presently allowed.
- The expected game board is called Forest, while 3 more were found, also incomplete and at varying stages of development.
- Some files on the four known Underlords, two of whom are quite polished while the others require a lot more work.
McVicker made predictions for the release dates for certain features. You can check out his video for that and more. Players have been expecting a number of these features for some time now. Guessing which will be available in this week's update should be fun.